Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 4 years of begging and 3 years of marrage my wife is letting me get my first bike.

By my name and where im writting this at you can guess what bike I have picked.

my brother in law has a 82 550 Ltd that i rode today( it was like 40* f here in ohio!) man I was impressed with the power!

This will be my first street bike.

I'm thinking I better start with a 550 or 750, and move up to the 1000 next summer.

luckely I have a heated gradge to work on the bike this winter.

with that in mind, only thing I didnt like about the bike, is the lack of drag pipes..........anyone make a set, or is it somthing im gonna have to fab up..

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome O :wink:

i think if you check with cobra - they have pipes for the LTD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the info

so what the full model name of these bikes?

is it a kawasaki z 550 ldt?
or just a 550 ldt?

kinda putting plans for it together already, thinking about the drag pipes and drag bars...

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Ohio_LDT,

Welcome to the forum....look on the frame of the bike .....it will tell you exactly which model you have......Example...My Spectre is a ZK750-N1 our 550 is a KZ550A

Check around and see if you can get a hold the the manual for it. This will help you do maintenance on the bike. I have one for both of our Kawasakis.

Definitely interested in seeing some pics of you and your bike :D

Ride Sane, Ride Safe

Heather

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have 2 LTD's. One is a 440 1981 with 325 miles and the other is a 1000. I think the 550 or 750 would make you a great first bike. If I can help let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hard part is trying to locate one, cant seem to find one..lots of honda's and suziki's.....no kawi's though......

wanting to buy one right after christmas so i can get it ready (repaint, tune-up, installing drag pipes and bars)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts