Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tinker Tinker Tinker
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hunt down some aftermaket, used parts. Don't have a lot of dough, so used it is!

I would like to purchase an aftermarket air cleaner/hypercharger to free up my bikes air intake. Have stock right now.

Also looking for aftermarket pipes. Something fairly clean without major dents/scratched. I have an old set of stock pipes on the bike that sound like a lawnmower and are scratched up and rusted.

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
Check the Harley shops for a set of takeoff 883 mufflers, cut off the stock 800a muffler just in front of the weld, weld the 883 mufflers on. Cut your original chrome heat shields to just fit at the beginning of the muffler. A piece of aluminum bar stock is all the extra bracketry you'll need, for the front muffler. The rear muffler can bolt onto the stock 800a bracket. It'll end up looking like this. Considerably louder than stock, considerably quieter than Cobras. Jetting not required if you haven't modified the air box.

Attachments

·
Tinker Tinker Tinker
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea Bob. I've got a large Harley garage and dealership just around the corner. I'll see what I can dig up. That's a great look! I also like the idea of a good solid sound that isn't gonna **** off my neighbors.

·
Tinker Tinker Tinker
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ebay rocks! Just put in a bid for $9.99 for a pair of 883 mufflers. We'll see how that goes, I'm the only bidder and there is no reserve. $10 shipping.

·
Tinker Tinker Tinker
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
working with my local shop. I don't have the tools or know how to be able to cut, weld and install custom work like this would be. I lost my ebay bid (went to over $100 for used mufflers) but I am on the look out. I will let you all know how things turn out. I did notice some mufflers with the cross-over. I have avoided those and am looking at a local sellers for $50 tomorrow. wish me luck!

·
Livin' fast, dying slow
1,084 Posts
I have a stock exhaust off of a 1995 VN800a that are in remarkable shape and have been sitting in storage since 1996 that I'll give you f you'll pay the freight. You can debaffle them and have a pretty cheap up grade if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts