Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Tina's advice, a new thread for my new (to me) bike.

1997 Vulcan 1500...

I'll get my title in the mail in a few days (they're registered as a dealer, they gotta do the hoop jumping thing), then I'll get plates for it. I'd like to put a new rear tire on it, too. Something big; the biggest I (they) can fit on the rim. It needs replaced anyway.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
She's a beauty, Caleb. I'm happy for you. I can't wait to see what you do with it, I'm sure you won't make the Chrome lovers very happy!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
love the color....

you'll love the ride

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's a beauty, Caleb. I'm happy for you. I can't wait to see what you do with it, I'm sure you won't make the Chrome lovers very happy!

Heh, no I won't. I'm sure the blingers here will be cringing at what I'm going to do to this bike...

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
chop it, cut it, bob it...who cares, its yours

·
Registered
394 Posts
Obviously, you chose this bike because it matches those blue ratchet straps. *nods knowingly*

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
love the color....

you'll love the ride
Looking forward to it. Be nice to feel something comfortable.

Note to self, need front tire too. What do y'all recommend? I want something big, something beefy, but not without grip.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
That bike is you. Now you have to take a pic of you kneeling in front of the bike the way that you did in front of your truck. Nice ride, congrats!

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Congrats on the new bike she looks good..

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Way Cool Caleb. I know you've been kind of wanting to get something a little newer/bigger for a while now.

Like others have already said, I'm sure it won't be long before it starts to sport a new and "Unique" look. ;-)

Congratulations.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
First up -paint! j/k

Nice -I like the flat bars.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Heh, no I won't. I'm sure the blingers here will be cringing at what I'm going to do to this bike...
Congrats their bud. That bike is begging for a decent set of Apes (aren't they all really?)

Looking forward to seeing you "personalize" that baby.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Congrats! Looks like it's in great shape!!!!

Love the bars as well - drag bars are my favs (*just ignore the foreigners... :lol:)

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
SSSWeeet! That's just what I'm looking for. Real nice find.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts