Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Toronto and do most of my riding in the city. There are a lot of crappy roads and I find my bike making noises when I hit small bumps in the roads or slightly deep potholes.

I'm taking my bike in soon for its 5000km check, and I'm going to ask them to check all connections, bolts etc.

One thing that I have noticed though and don't know if it's normal, is that two of my fairings are loose. My front left, and back right fairings are loose and shake when I rev the bike up. Is it normal for fairings to loosen up, and if they do is there something the dealer can do to tighten them up?

One other thing I've also noticed is that there seems to be a light noise that sounds kind of like a playing card in spokes when I'm reving around 4500-5000 rpm just cruising down the street. Does this sound normal, or is it something I should address with the dealer?

Thanks in advance. This forum is full of very helpful people. I'd be pretty lost without your help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got a lot of rattles and squeeks on my '04 500 (2600 miles). I ride in Washington, DC almost daily and the city isn't known for its roads.

I've had the speedo cable come unscrewed from the back of the gauges 3 times now. And, the *stupid* metal loop that is supposed to guide the cables when turning the forks broke off a while ago (you'll see what I mean when yours breaks off).

Other than that, I've only had rattles and squeeks. My fairings have remained snug, but I do check them and tightended them just for good measure a while ago. My real annoyance are the front side panels, because they rattle against the side of the tank.....I'm planning on pulling them off and shaving little plastic off so they won't touch the tank.

I also get different noises when going over bumps sometimes and I wish I could figure out what they are. If you hit hard enough, you're center stand will bounce down and then snap back up, but I've only done this once that I've known about.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It happened to me too. Put some blue tread locktite on, or wrap some tape around cable and it won't loos again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts