Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 brute force i just added a snorkel kit now it only goes 58 mph instead of 68 mph i dont know if it was the snorkel kit it sat for maybe 2 months any answers please help

·
Registered
533 Posts
where ya going in such a hurry?? my friend said his lost about 5MPH after the snorkel kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you think that is? is it not getting enough air or is there something that can fix the problem 10 mph is alot

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The snorkel kits restrict air flow to the engine and reduces power by around 10%. I would expect something on the order of a 5-7 mph speed decrease, but it is well worth it if you need the snorkel.

Gasoline loses its octane and combustibility significantly after just a few weeks.

I would put in fresh gasoline and try it for power. If it is just down slightly with fresh gas, then it is just the impact of the snorkel.

If you leave the ATV parked for more than a few days at a time, add just a very small amount of Echo, Sthil, or Husqvarna chain saw oil to your gasoline. It will keep the fuel fresh and will stop fuel system corrosion. I buy my fuel in bulk and treat my entire gasoline supply at the rate of 1/8th the amount that is called for for on the chain saw oil bottle, and have zero fuel related problems and performance is unaffected. Do not use the cheap generic or box store oils, they suck and do not have the preservatives that are required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts