Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
please help me. I have no key with immobilizer. I bought and seller didn't gave me proper one.

Is it possible to reset immobilizer in some service point? Or only Kawasaki service?, but as I know it is not cheap to get copy of my key in professional service using VIN...

Best regards,
Gregor

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
why sure, I'll help you with that. go through the proper channels to get the key, have the police check the VIN. if the guy don't have a key for it, it could be stolen.

have a great day

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You've got a Kawasaki ZX636 2006 without the Red master Key for the K.I.S.S. System !!!
Forgive us if we find that a tad suspicious as it's your first post asking for this type of assistance !!:eek:

Suggestions...
~ Return the Bike to it's former owner explaining that it has not got a key that works and ask for the correct key (There should be 1x Red Master and 2x Black user keys with this model when sold with the K.I.S.S. System fitted)

OR

~ Return bike to it's former owner and ask politely for you money back.

Kawasaki's K.I.S.S. System has the CDI and the master key programmed alike so loosing the Master for the CDI requires a new CDI with Master Key..

This is to prevent Scum bags from steeling peoples Bikes and easliy getting round the absence of a Master key, In the UK if you come into a Dealership and try to order a CDI for a K.I.S.S. fitted bike you are asked to prove ownership of the Bike as per Kawasaki's control of security system components..

I would return it and get your Money back .........

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
I was wanting to get the parts to have the immobilizer till I found out I can't even get it then the cost is a little steep having to replace the CDI.

wonder why the rest of the world gets the immobilizer and we don't. I'd pay a little extra for the added feature.

·
Gear Head
434 Posts
Oh, no, your first post doesn't look suspicious at all, I think I shall tell you how to hack the security system.....

Sorry, but honestly, your first post just looks completely suspicious. I'd take it to the guy you bought it from and get your master key or your money back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, my bike didn't come with a "red" key, unless the red key is that little piece of metal with numbers on it which allows me to order new keys...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
As Zed said some Countries don't get the K.I.S.S. security system fitted as standard.
If your bike has it then you will see a RED ring around the top of the Ignition barrel with K.I.S.S. written on it this is the Immobiliser amplifier Ariel and the bike comes as standard with 1x RED Master key and 2x BLACK user keys..

To upgrade to the K.I.S.S. you need:-
~ CDI
~ Lock Set...Ignition switch at least..
~ Immobilser Amplifier
~ Ariel
~ Tamper Proof Bolts x2
That's if you able to purchase them in the first place and have $ to burn :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Hey, cut the guy some slack, at least he didn't come on here asking straight up how to HOTWIRE the bike, as others have done in the past :lol: Now that's suspicious...

Anyways if you got the black keys you will still be able to use the bike but if you lose those you are screwed. And any time someone sells you a 636 without the red key you should be suspicious.

My advice, like that of others here, is to go back to the guy who sold you the bike and ask him where the heck the red key is. Otherwise he must take the financial burden of having the whole ignition system replaced (and that is quite costly, in addition to the fact that he must prove he is the legal owner of the bike). If he refuses to do either, tell him you want your money back and if he gives you any hassles, sue the barstid.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As Zed said some Countries don't get the K.I.S.S. security system fitted as standard.
If your bike has it then you will see a RED ring around the top of the Ignition barrel with K.I.S.S. written on it this is the Immobiliser amplifier Ariel and the bike comes as standard with 1x RED Master key and 2x BLACK

This is good to know, i was wondering why I don't have a red key.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm curious as to what Gregor will say next. I'll hold judgement until then. Seriously though, just politely tell that seller that you need to come by and pick up the red key, and what time would be convenient. If the seller argues or makes excuses, then it's time to make some phone calls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
zx636 2005 red key?

hi i have a 2005 zx636r it does not have a red ring around the ignition barrell with k.i.s.s on it. does anyone know if the 2005 c1h model should have a red key??? cheeres

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
southwest of what country?

if it was purchased anywhere in the United States you do not have the immobilizer on your bike.

go to www.kawasaki.com, owner info, parts diagrams somewhere along there you will find a place to put your vin in and it will tell you about any outstanding recalls, what country it is from...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
If you have K.I.S.S fitted your Ignition Switch will look like this !!

And you will have 1 Red Master Key and 2 Black User keys.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts