Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not sure what the loudest pipes are, I've got the Vance & Hines Cruzers on my 2003 800A...and I think they sound pretty good!
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rwrighter,
how do they compare to some of the Harley riders? My friend has a Fat Boy with custom pipes, so I would like something that can be heard...

·
Registered
524 Posts
A lot depends what you think affordable is.I have a 04 800A with V/H Cruizers they have a very nice tone to them.MSRP for them is $379.95 have seen them for $339.95.Only other pipes I heard on a 800 where corba drag pipes,they sound good too dont know how much though.Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mangler,
I saw some pipes called "Mini Skirts" by Morton and they were $619. I loved the custom look. Haven't heard them. I keep hearing people said that the Hard Krome are to loud, but they are $459 and I don't know which type they are talking about. I want very loud pipes so I was wondering if I should go with the mini skirts or HK. Keep in mind that I haven't heard either of them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My neighbor has a Harley with Screamin Eagles.....they are loud! Another friend has a Honda Shadow 1100 with cobras...the V&H cruzers on my 800 are much louder, and have a deeper sound. It depends on your definition of loud pipes. I'm sure you'll get other opinions.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Loud pipes

Just make sure you get a drag pipe, they have no baffles in them. They are just a straight through pipe. they will be as loud as the explosion will allow them to be. Remember, you may be ok with the noise cause the pipes will dump behind you, but if you pick up a rider, give her a set of ear plugs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Toadyculp, you might get some pipes with removale baffles and then order a
pair of "THUNDER BLASTERS" or "THUNDER MONSTERS" from bigcitythunder.com.
I've tried different baffles in my lonshots on my 01' 1500 classic and they are the best sounding and the LOUDEST. My dad was riding behind me one day on his Goldwing and told me later on that the pipes were so loud that they activated the intercom system , which overrides the radio when riders want to talk.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
toadyculp said:
What are the loudest, but affordable pipes that you can get for a Vulcan 800A?
Toady, straight pipes would probably be the loudest,but any of the others will be also if you remove the baffles. The only problem is back pressure, you won't have much if any left,then you'll lose torque. Now you'll be loud an not as much power, which will put you in the back of the pack. But if you want to be the noisiest bike in the pack , then you'll be put in the back anyway.<LOL>

·
Registered
118 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
Now you'll be loud an not as much power, which will put you in the back of the pack. But if you want to be the noisiest bike in the pack , then you'll be put in the back anyway.<LOL>
It's funny you mention this. I have 3" Hard Krome Staggered Straights on my Drifter 1500. I regularly ride with a guy who has V&H Straight Shots on his 1100 Shadow, a guy who has drags on his Victory Kingpin, and a guy who just bought an Exile Mad Max with straight drags, and I'm the quietest of the bunch, and I'm not quiet! LOL.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
jroskelley said:
It's funny you mention this. I have 3" Hard Krome Staggered Straights on my Drifter 1500. I regularly ride with a guy who has V&H Straight Shots on his 1100 Shadow, a guy who has drags on his Victory Kingpin, and a guy who just bought an Exile Mad Max with straight drags, and I'm the quietest of the bunch, and I'm not quiet! LOL.

Cheers,
John
John, I think the HC's are some of the best made pipes on the market an if or when I think about replacing the cruizer's they'd be the one's I'd be looking at ( the cruizers are loud enough) plus if the quiet baffles they've been talking about ever materialize I will definitely be looking.

·
Registered
118 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
John, I think the HC's are some of the best made pipes on the market an if or when I think about replacing the cruizer's they'd be the one's I'd be looking at ( the cruizers are loud enough) plus if the quiet baffles they've been talking about ever materialize I will definitely be looking.
I'm absolutely astonished by these pipes, and even though I'm only 1/3 of the way through the upgrade process (pipes-air-power commander), the sound is brilliant. I can't wait to hear how they sound once I get all of these intake upgrades completed.

For now, I'm a Hard Krome pimp!

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am also looking for new pipes for my 800A and I like the noise. I've heard good things about the V&H Cruzers and the HK'S. The cost effective pipe would be the Cruzers, which is probably what I will go with when the time comes. Although I did hear some V&H Big Shots on a Honda 750 Spirit that sounded awesome. Keep me informed as to which ones you put on and how they sound.

Smooth Roads

·
Registered
67 Posts
I researched pipes for my 1600 for 3 months only to figure out in the end that really all pipes are loud. When was the last time you saw an ad for the quietest pipes available? Now granted some styles of pipes are somewhat louder than others but after 95dbs you've got some volume capability in any pipe it's just a twist away. By the way HK"s rock IMO. :>)

·
Registered
27 Posts
agreed-some are just sharper note dependant on how much twist in your wrist!They all sound good at idle.I say buy a drill,hole saw,welder,angle grinder and doctor you standard pipes - you've got all the gear to do your next customising job then!
and hey if you stuff it up that badly- you were going to change em anyway!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree with MEAN AND GREEN. I modified a set of stock pipes on a V-Star and it sounded better than the same bike with Jardines or Cobra`s. You need volume for that deep sound. A hallow muffler sounds much deeper than a straight pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts