Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 03 750 vulcan that has developed a loud ticking noise in the engine, almost sounds like a lifter clicking, except if is intermittent. It will be very loud and noticeable then is will go away, nothing I do seems to effect it, it gets faster with the engine reving up. it seems to come and go at random, pulling in the clutch has no effect. Any ideas on where to start?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I got a 03 750 vulcan that has developed a loud ticking noise in the engine, almost sounds like a lifter clicking, except if is intermittent. It will be very loud and noticeable then is will go away, nothing I do seems to effect it, it gets faster with the engine reving up. it seems to come and go at random, pulling in the clutch has no effect. Any ideas on where to start?
750?? maybe you need a valve adjustment?? don't remember if your bike has cam chains, could be chain tensioners, maybe Rich Lockyear has a better idea, but if it comes and goes, try some seafoam, read the instructions on the can, i have used it on fuel system, but it says thast you can use it to free up sticky lifters, vaves, etc. also sometimes, valves build up so much carbon, that they tend to get stuck. good luck.

Jesus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts