Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. i have an 03' 636 and my girl wants one too. the only problem is she's about 5' tall. I know I could slap some dogbones on, shave the seats, and get tall boots, but I also heard that I could get lower profile tires. i called a tire place and they said it would only lower it 1 centimeter! (180/55 to 180/50) Is there some other tire that I don't know about?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lowering kit

Check on the web for a lowering kit. Someone on the Forum had just mentioned that he ordered them from somewhere..Check with a few places and see what they say, and also post your same question in the mechanics section...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
A lower profile tire will help, but I don't know if someone who is 5' tall can ever sit on a bike like that. Even a ninja 250 might be too tall if she doesn't have long enough legs.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
well the www.muzzys.com lowering links lower by 2 1/2 inches, witch bring the seat height to 30, then the seat down about an inch and a half, bringing it to 28 1/2. get a low enough tire and you might get 1/2 inch! that'd bring it to 28 inches!!! awesomely low, and a sick lookin ride too 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) !!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
THATS NOT TRUE!!! im 5'2 and i lowered my bike an inch with lowering links and im ALMOST flat footed on it, if you lower it for her just a little more she should at least be on the balls of her feet which should be enough to have a firm stance on the bike. check out those muzzy lowering links, 2 1/2 inches should be way more than enough.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
YEAH! you can lower things WAAAAAAAAY down, shave the seat, get 16.5 wheels, get the lowering links. And measure the inside of her leg ( : :wink: ). Mine is a 32, and I've found that a 31" bike is JUST right.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OmahaRider said:
Wouldn't changing sizes like that affect speedometer accuracy??
Sometimes it will correct speedometer inaccuracy. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts