Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is "vertically challenged" and I need to lower the ZZR600 about 2 inches. I can get it done for $400 at the Kawa dealer, but would like to do it myself. There are a lot of kits out there, but I want one that won't effect the handling all that much. Please let me know if you have any insight to my problem.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Center of Gravity

I think that you will find that lowering your bike WILL Change the CG...thisw could be a good thing if you are only going to be on the road and not having to "hit" driveways, speed-bumps...but iIF you have to look in the manual. YOu can drop the front-end at the forks and the rear end should be easy...2" though may be tough to get out of the rear end without changing the rear tire...you can only get so much Sag...In my neck of the woods in Kansas City Metro area dropping 2 inches would cost big dollars because there seems to be no clear cut rule or law about how high and how wide these bumps are...and sometimes they are not even painted...and the bike would get ALL torn up with some of the Taller bumps that we have here...LET THE FORUM KNOW!!! I'd be curious as to how it handled AFTER the changes. What EVER you do...keep a werious record of the BEFORE/AFTER adjustments and all so that it could be put back to the NORM if is all doesn't work when you lower it...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Vertical challenge

Maybe instead of looking at the suspension you could hit OZ Cycle Salvage, Ottawa, KS and ask Brad Peterson to find you another stock seat which you could take in or even do at home and make it a REAL Gunslinger style Saddle! You could take out some padding and then have the upholstery reattached...or take the seat all the way apart and add some closed cell foam...much like a mouse pad only it is actually made for seats. Brad Peterson 785-242-0600...tell him that Lindsey Angell from Gardner, KS said to give you the Kawasaki FORUM Discount...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts