Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a little too short to sit flat-footed on the 1600. I like the factory seat and don't want to replace it or shave it. Thinking about lowering. Any suggestions on how to do that or on kits?

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, many options available through them. Do you happen to know of anything else that isn't so expensive?

·
Registered
864 Posts
The safest/cheapest way would be to have the seat reworked. It's fairly easy to drag the floorboards once you get used to the bike, there is a guy in Fla. I've heard some talk about on here that does seats for around $75, much cheaper than any shock mod you're going to find. BB

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
Mean City Cycles reworks your OEM or aftermarket seat. They can replace the foam w/memory foam, shave the height. They can add a heater, change the "pleather" to genuine leather, fancy stitching or even fancy designs.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
The safest/cheapest way would be to have the seat reworked. It's fairly easy to drag the floorboards once you get used to the bike, there is a guy in Fla. I've heard some talk about on here that does seats for around $75, much cheaper than any shock mod you're going to find. BB
+10,000

Ground clearance on Vulcans is bad already. Lower the bike and you'll be sorry if your riding involves anything other than a straight line.
Have the seat shaved. It can be shaved and reworked for half the price of a Progressive Suspension setup and won't negatively impact ride quality or handling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will try shaving the seat. I had an additonal 1 1/2 soles added to my boots, but it is clumsy to walk in and harder to shift or brake. And it looks goofy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts