Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that for the riding I do, I could sacrifice suspension travel to lower the seat height of my bike. Anybody know who has the best "link kits" to accomplish this?. Where can I pick them up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lowering Kit

If you ride a KLR 650 this is the site you will need the most ! These guys are great with help, advice and parts that will save you money versus OEM stuff. Go to the site, then site map and scroll down to the klr 650 area. you will see a lowering link, plus a bunch of other stuff you'll want... Good luck and have fun.

http://www.dual-star.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
im trying to lower my kx 125 the dang thing sits almost 5 feet tall im 6 foot but its still i little big for me. i talked to g guy and he said that you can take the spring off and compress it that way but im not to sure.

is it just me or do ppl not like to reply? 12 views on my post no replys come on guys :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just lowered the front end of my KLR650 1.5 inches by loosening the triple clamp bolts, and letting the fork tubes slide up 1.5 inches. Might work on your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lowering KLR 650

Just finished lowering my KLR 650. Lowered the triple clamps 1.5 inches, and installed Dual-Star lowering links for the rear suspension. I saved quite a bit by modifyig the side stand myself. I have a thirty two inch inseam, and I can now get both feet flat on the ground when stopped where it was tippy toes before. If you need the exact dimensions and method of shortening the side stand send me an email. [email protected].

·
Registered
6 Posts
BolderKeith, If you lower your KLR 2" for example, would you also lower the front 2" to keep the riding geometry correct? I would appreciate some help on this from anyone else as well, I'm planning on doing my 09 KLR in the near future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lowering Of 09 KLR

BolderKeith, If you lower your KLR 2" for example, would you also lower the front 2" to keep the riding geometry correct? I would appreciate some help on this from anyone else as well, I'm planning on doing my 09 KLR in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts