Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am considering lowering my ninja 500 and have a few questions?

How low can you go before drastically changing the performance and what does it change? I found a set of lowering links that drop 1 3/4, 3 1/2, and 5 1/2 inches.
Is it really possible to drop it that far?
I was also thinking of just lightning the rear suspension. I don't ride 2 up and I am pretty light compared to the average rider. Is it adjustable? Has anyone done it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
dood... how short/tall are you?

most people try the easiest and recommended method, if you havent, shaving the seat and wearing 6" platform shoes. =P

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The back is adjustable preload but that's not going to do you much good.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I am 5'4" and have ZX6... don't lower your bike unless you really feel this is no other choice.

If you reallllly wanna do it... wait for Ervins to reply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The back is adjustable preload but that's not going to do you much good.
I don't need much. I can put the balls of both feet down but probably need 1/2 to 1 inch lower to put my heels down. I'm not worried about bottoming out as I'm about 50-80 lbs lighter then the average rider( Depending on what is average)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You can also get longer dogbones for the back as well. They have kits, or you can look around on ex-500.com

Newb Question....Dogbones?

There are some forum members that will make you a set to lower the bike with. It will influence your handling. I think "dad" and "FOG" are charging 30 bucks or something for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts