Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
i was wondering if you could lower significantly by buying shorter front shocks if they got htem and the angle of them and the same to the tail just pretty much oppisite

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
yeah, you can adjust most shocks and springs, but its a huge hassle and you get a diff suspension stiffness too. So lowering links are the more time effective way that i know of. Good Luck pal.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LOwer

THE best way to lower in yor situation is to go to a very low profile tire, the lower the betteer an dyou may even find that a slightly narrower tire with the lower profile will also help. Not only will this aid in lowering the seat height but aid, by changing the geometry of the bike and giving you better top end stability. I would recommend that you remove the rear fender hanging down like a drag cheut and I'm sure that you have removed the turn signals prior to running it...Take the gas can and only put what you need in the tank for each run, and get rid of everything on the bike that you don't have to have like centerstand, mufflers...I think that by going to a lower profile and even a slightly narrower tire you will get much better times than stock...Let me know, but I'll bet you a cup of coffee!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts