Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Nomad that I want to lower the driver floorboards by about an inch. Has anyone done this and can suggest how to do this? Any good or bad experience from doing this. Thanks.

·
Freshman
628 Posts
Never have done this, but I would imagine that lowering your floorboards would reduce your cornering capabilities.

Many nomad riders already find themselves scraping boards in tight corners, I could only imagine if they were lower by an inch.

MD

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
If you're going to move them, down is probably not the best idea for the reason cited above.

If you need more room, I'd look into forward controls so you could use them to stretch your legs out on longer runs.

If you're finding your knees too close to the handle bars, I'd look into risers.

Another option is to look into moving the floorboards a little further forward, then angling the front ends up a bit. That keeps them up off the road, but still gives you a bit more room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lower floorboards

Thanks guys, I understand the risk of lowering the boards, but I live in Florida, not many real curves. I need a little another inch below the brake pedal to be comfortable - big feet I guess. Another option might be to raise the brake pedal a little. Being 6' 3", I need a bit more room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts