Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
New to the forum. In the market for a new bike. I'm really short for my age(5'1" @ 22yrs. old) but real strong and stalky(130pnds.). I think a kx-100 would be perfect but it sits just a little to high. What can be done to lower the bike a little. Is it easily done at home(freinds do a lot of work on bikes) or is it best to bring it to a shop? How much $$$? Thanks a lot for any help.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LOWERING

When you go to the dealer and tell them that this is the bike that I want...but yo need to lower it...then it becomes an issue for them to deal with if they want to sell you one...and you know that they do! Go to the shop and when you buy it they should go through everything with you...IF you are sure hat this is hte bike that you want just go in and buy the Maintenance Manual, or buy it here from Beartooth Kawasaki and then read everything about the bike. YOu will know what everythig does nad how to do everything on it before you ever get it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
what do you plan on using the bike for? If you are primarly riding trails/etc you might consider a different bike. Im sure you could lower the kx100 but once you lower it you start changing things and affecting things unless you are careful. You might be able to just cut the seat foam down and make yourself happy. When you say lower a little, by how much? if you do end up lower it through the suspension, more then likely it will be a new set of linkage(dog bones) for the rear and then lower the forks in the tripple clamps to match. but if you dont need much i would suggest cutting the seat down.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
100cc seriously

If the dealer can't or won't figure out a way to lower the bike and yo are serious (STILL) about hte bike...then you can do like we used to do as kids in the old days...put one leg over the bike on the pedal and then let out on the clutch and throttle at the same time to get it upright. you will learn techniques tha will work for you, IF you really want this bike...I say go for it. YOu ever seen people start off on cutting doughnutsand then just ride off? It's not that easy in the beginning...but it is a thought...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts