Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just ordered a set of Progressive 440 shocks. My initial plan is to see how it handles without touching the front forks.

If I am going to lower the front should I just use shorter spacers or replace with a Progressive front fork lowering kit?

How the heck do you get to the spacers?

Thanks for helping a mechanical noob!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My personal opinion would be to get the Progressive FF lowering kit. Most likely going to be a lot less hassle and you'll probably get a better ride. Let me know how they work out, I have an'04 MS and was thinking of loweing it when I get the cash.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think if I decide to lower the front I'll go with the Progressive springs.

I had a suprise when I got home, UPS had delivered the shocks. Very easy install with only a little fumbling. One thing I forgot was the lift I have was too tall once I lowered the back end, had a heck of a time getting the bike off the lift!

Took it for a little spin, it handles like the 750 I just replaced, I love it! At this point I think I'm going to leave the front alone as I like the look and feel. If anyone has added the lower shocks, ran it for a while, and then lowered the front I sure would be interested in their impressions.

·
Registered
309 Posts
How about pic? I want to see the fender gap. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
wireless said:
Thanks, I think if I decide to lower the front I'll go with the Progressive springs.

I had a suprise when I got home, UPS had delivered the shocks. Very easy install with only a little fumbling. One thing I forgot was the lift I have was too tall once I lowered the back end, had a heck of a time getting the bike off the lift!

Took it for a little spin, it handles like the 750 I just replaced, I love it! At this point I think I'm going to leave the front alone as I like the look and feel. If anyone has added the lower shocks, ran it for a while, and then lowered the front I sure would be interested in their impressions.
What was the damage($) for the shocks? if you don't mind my asking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was around $450.

Just took it out for an 80 mile ride to the mountains. Handles much better than berfore the shocks, ride was better as well.

Seems to be plenty of room between the fender and wheel. I weigh 196 and with the standard Progressives, never bottomed out.

Met a rider who just bought a Harley Dyna in June and now he regrets paying so much for the HD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
440's

Wireless, what length shocks did you go with? I've been thinking about doing the same thing with my 04. Just hate to think about droping the $400 for shocks but love the lower look. John

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the first thing I buy for my bike is either the Power Commander or some shocks. I'll most likely go with the shocks you got, they sound like they have a nice ride.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I should point out that my bike is the Suzuki version of the Mean Streak.The license plate frame follows the same contour as the Kawi rear fender so you should be able to see that there will be ample clearance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts