Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a solo mustang seat and I hear that it will raise me on the bike a little more than the stock seat - so, I was wondering about purchasing a lowering kit. How far can/should I lower my VN800B without bottoming out and without making the peg scrape problem too much worse?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lowering

I am getting a solo mustang seat and I hear that it will raise me on the bike a little more than the stock seat - so, I was wondering about purchasing a lowering kit. How far can/should I lower my VN800B without bottoming out and without making the peg scrape problem too much worse?
My A model is lowered 2 inches.. with a Corbin solo-seat.. without peg or pipe drag.. with rider weight at 175 lbs.. only drag is the center when loading onto a trailer.. U're B Model has the same suspension..

If U ever wish to have a passenger.. I suggest lower U're B (only) one inch.. If I ride someone lowered at 2 inches.. it will bottom out.. "SO" maybe only go one inch.. just my opinion thow..

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
You should modify the shock to make it stiffer, that will prevent it from bottoming out. Lowered my bike 2 inches and the kickstand is scraping the ground every time I turn left. I bought a shorter kickstand to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Had mine lowered 2 3/4" in the rear and every time i'd hit a bump it would bottom out even at the stiffest preload setting. That 's riding solo at 175lbs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If U ever wish to have a passenger.. I suggest lower U're B (only) one inch.. If I ride someone lowered at 2 inches.. it will bottom out.. "SO" maybe only go one inch.. just my opinion thow..
going solo but may load the bike up w/ gear for trips but that shouldn't equal another person - thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had mine lowered 2 3/4" in the rear and every time i'd hit a bump it would bottom out even at the stiffest preload setting. That 's riding solo at 175lbs.
I'm 210lbs. so I think I will get an adjustable lowering kit that goes from stock to 1,2, or 3 inches so I can adjust as needed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lowered my bike 2 inches and the kickstand is scraping the ground every time I turn left. I bought a shorter kickstand to see if that helps.
Never thought of the kickstand...always a bigger and more expensive project than you think!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'm 210lbs. so I think I will get an adjustable lowering kit that goes from stock to 1,2, or 3 inches so I can adjust as needed.
The adjustable lowering kit is the best way to go. I just extended the dogbones. I dragged the kick stand at just about every left turn. I soon got used to it and thought it was cool for the people behind me to see a spark show. :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts