Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to make up my mind about lowering my 900 Custom and I've been reading the onging debates about the issue. Some people love it, some people don't. The only reason I would want to lower mine is to help the cosmetics of the rear wheel/fender area.

As everybody knows, the 900 Customs rear wheel looks a little small, it looks too high in the back (from a side view), and the fender is shaped a little off. At this point I am just going to try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I ordered a low profile leather saddle bag set today. I'm hoping this will hide some the of the appearance issues and give me some much needed stoarge for riding gear. I'm just affraid that "knowing my luck", if I lower it I'll have problems, dragging or ride quality. This bike rides so good that I wouldn't want to do anything to change that.

The bags I went with are not slanted, just plain jane 15x12x5. No studs or tassles. Just smooth black leather and nickel plated buckles, like my riser mounted tool bag. I think this will match the bike pretty good.

If I had an 800 Drifter, I'd want all of the studs and tassles I could get. I think with the Custom, plain and simple is better.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
I like the plain bags also. I like the simplicity of style. Never been a fan of studded anything.

The next pic will show my new Cobra speedster longs!

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the plain bags also. I like the simplicity of style. Never been a fan of studded anything.

The next pic will show my new Cobra speedster longs!
They look like the one's I ordered. A biker I work with says he can make me some brackets to mount the bags directly to the fender braces so the flap between the bags will not be needed. He did it to his bags because he was affraid it was going to damage the paint on the rear fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts