Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im way new to riding so sorry if i have some dumb questions. can the ninja 500 be lowered by ajusting the suspension or anyting simple like that...even if its just an inch or 2?
and how come when ever i start the 500 it "jumps" forward? i have the clutch in and sqeezing the breaks and it still jumps forawrd...any ideas? thanks
-g

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it jump forward when you put it in gear? I just got a 250 and it jerks a little when I put it in gear. When I was at the dealer, I was looking at the 500, and he said I could lower it if I put some "dog bones" whatever they are on it. Sorry, I'm new to this also, hope this is some help.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
dogbones are the links on the bottom of the shock.
as for jumping in gear, put the bike in NEUTRAL BEFORE STARTING IT, let it warm up a minute or two, pull the clutch in and let it in for a minute to let the oil flow between the plates. also make sure its adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys...how much are dogbones and how much to install?..........also no mater what i do even if the bike is in neutral it still lunges foward. its only right when i turn it on not putting it into gear

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
your clutch is too tight if its learching even in neutral. you really need to adjust it according to the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts