Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to lower the 800 Classic? If there is anyone that has done this, did it make a difference and how hard was it?

THanks

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Tran's go too www.scootworks.com they have an adjustable kit to lower the 800 1 to 3 inch's, I do believe. This kit is suppose to be pretty good. One thing you'll want to do if you lower it is adjust the rear shock preload up a notch or two, to help keep from bottoming out .

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Scootworks has some pretty good stuff . But some of it is pricey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. The kit on custom cruiser is pretty cheap.

For the next question, does it affect the handling?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
From what I"ve heard it's suppose to handle better. But don't quote me on that as I personally haven't ridden one that has been lowered.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Vulcan315 said:
Trans101am said:
Is it possible to lower the 800 Classic? If there is anyone that has done this, did it make a difference and how hard was it?

THanks
Yep, here's another one that has been slammed pretty hard:

http://www.ipass.net/wb4iuy/index2.html

That's a great looking 800. Debbie has won some awards with it.

bluestringer

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Hey Blue ! You've had your new 800 for a couple of weeks now .How are you liking it?

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
Hey Blue ! You've had your new 800 for a couple of weeks now .How are you liking it?
Man, I love it. It's a great bike. Real smooth and plenty of power. I've got to get some pipes or at least cut out the rear baffle. I did get a recall letter tho. Something about the accelerator diaphram could start leaking gas. Anyone else get the letter?

bluestringer

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Yea I heard that somewhere else, don't remember where. Seem's like a strange recall since these carb's have been on the 800 for year's. Must be a manufacturing problem. must of had a bad batch of part's. Don't sweat it the dealer will swap it out an you'll be riding again in about an hour. That's better than the snow I'm dealing with. :cry: :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts