Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a loweringkit from scootworks for my 900 custom 2007. With hole is the 1", 2" or 3" lowering. I know there is a tread, but I can't find it. On with hole do you put the lowering kit on your bike.
Thanks. Greetings Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody, I installed the loweringkit at 2". It was a easy job 1.5 hour work with 2 people.
GR. Jeff

·
Slow and Easy
57 Posts
For anyone looking to install the lowering kit - It is a 2 person job and you will need additional tools than what is listed in the instructions, if you are not a greese monkey. Yes the job can be done with less, but for less stress make sure you are prepared to use more than what is listed. Also, the instructions indicated to lift only the rear tire. After installing mine - I suggest you have a jack for under the rear tire and the bike lift. Lift the bike fully off the floor high enough to work the jack under the rear tire from the beginning.
Once installed - I am loving the lower look and ride. My wife now wants one on her bike, so I will be doing this again in the next couple of weeks.

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
I installed mine solo with no problems. I did use a Craftsman motorcycle jack and a floor jack under the rear tire. I had to jack the rear tire up and let it down to get the lowering kit into position.

·
Slow and Easy
57 Posts
I am not saying it can't be done. I have done a lot of work on cars, trucks, vans, etc - so I have a lot of tools and no my way around a mechanical part. It is a much easier job with two than one.

·
Maine vulcan rider
686 Posts
I am not saying it can't be done. I have done a lot of work on cars, trucks, vans, etc - so I have a lot of tools and no my way around a mechanical part. It is a much easier job with two than one.
+1 I think if I had to do it again I could do it alone but it was way easier once my bud showed up with some giant tools. My little socket set was not cutting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts