1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
If I could I would replace my tire with a Nomad or Voyager.:D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Welcome saul2136. Lots and lots of posts about tires on here. Check out the search function. I ran Metzeler Marathon ME880 200/70-15 and loved it. Got way more miles out of them than the stock Dunlops, helped correct the speedo error and looked good. A bit expensive though. Also check out Avon Venoms I think.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I went with Pirellis, I think the name was MT Route 66, or something like that. Anyway, I bought them from Motorcycle-Superstore, they were much cheaper than some other tires and the shipping was free. After about 9,000 miles, they are showing very little wear, and I've been quite happy with them. My stock tires were bald by 12,000.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I switched from the stock "Dunslops" to the Pirelli MT66-Tours. So far at 5K miles there's very little wear and they handle well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got 12,000 miles on my stock Dunlops. Several friends of mine were impressed with that amount, and complained of much less with their tires. (I don't know what those brands are, whatever Harley suggested.) So, after reading about other tire manufacturers, and the comments posted on those forum sites, I just bought a new Dunlop for my rear tire, and will need to replace my front tire in a month or two. 12,000 is much better than 4,000 or 6,000 they were getting with different brands.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Now that is a great answer!!!

But I run the Metzler ME880's on mine and have gotten around 14000 out of both of my last 2 rear tires.
:biggrin: Moment of weakness!! LOL
My rear stock tire on my 900LT is about shot at 10,000. Front tire looks good still. I'm thinking in lines of the Metzeler ME 880 Marathon Touring Rear Tire. 180/70HB-15. Listing at $146.99 at the Motorcycle Superstore
Metzeler ME 880 Marathon Touring Rear Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
I was toying with the idea of the Metzeler ME 880 Marathon XXL Rear Tire 200/70HB-15 $208.99 but not sure of the benefits of going a little larger for $62 more and if it'd really look that much larger??
:wink: Oh the decisions one must make.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
:biggrin: Moment of weakness!! LOL
My rear stock tire on my 900LT is about shot at 10,000. Front tire looks good still. I'm thinking in lines of the Metzeler ME 880 Marathon Touring Rear Tire. 180/70HB-15. Listing at $146.99 at the Motorcycle Superstore
Metzeler ME 880 Marathon Touring Rear Tire - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
I was toying with the idea of the Metzeler ME 880 Marathon XXL Rear Tire 200/70HB-15 $208.99 but not sure of the benefits of going a little larger for $62 more and if it'd really look that much larger??
:wink: Oh the decisions one must make.
They are a little cheaper here. Ron Ayers Motorsports - Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski and Generators Parts and Accessories

But over 30 dollars more than this time last year.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Thanks Pat. The superstore has free shipping where as the Ron Ayers charges $12 which works out to almost the same price (Ron's is just a tad higher due to shipping) Well got till spring to decide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts