Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found several threads relating to this issue but I wanted to get some more recent opinions as most of what I have found is several years old.

I have an 05 1600 Classic with the OEM sissy bar on it and of course...no luggage rack. There do not seem to be any aftermarket luggage racks made to fit the Vulcan sissy bar, they all only fit the sissy bar you have to buy from Cobra, etc. Does anyone know of a luggage rack that will fit this bar, or one that can be easily modified to fit? As always thank you guys ahead of time for your great input.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I ran into the same situation that you have. I didn't think I needed a rack at first and just went with Kawa accessories before I found out there's a whole other world of parts out there! I've got the MC Enterprises mentioned above (I'm almost positive - put it on years ago). Mine mounts to the rear seat bolt and the license plate holder. I use it to support a Tourmaster bag when I'm traveling and it's perfect. It's totally sturdy and looks nice.

The only negative that I can think of is that if you need to get a the battery, that has to come off, then the rear seat, and then the riders seat. It's not a big deal, but a few more bolts to remove before you can get to the rear seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just placed an order for this rack as well as an Xelement sissy bar bag, looks like everything is going to work out with it all. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
159 Posts
You'll enjoy the MC Enterprises rack; I've had mine for almost 2 years and it works well. No problems with it & it looks great.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I have an 05 classic and I have the MC enterprise rack with the Kawa OEM Sissybar. I love it. You have to have the stock licence plate holder though. Can't use a laydown one unless you want to fabricate mounting points. Here is a link to a thread with pictures. Unfortunately I can't post pictures from work due to Photobucket being blocked.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/f...de/127496-my-2005-vulcan-1600-kawa-glide.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts