Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use for luggage?

I'm looking for suggestions on sissy bar bags. I have a rear rack also.

Has anyone purchased any of the ebay specials as far as luggage goes? The prices look attractive but I realize you get what you pay for.

My parents loaned me their Baja T-Bag which is nice but I'd like something I could put a top roll on (or that comes with one).

I've been searching ebay looking at the name brand and other luggage and haven't found something yet that really fills my needs / doesn't empty my wallet.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!
:-D

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I bought a Nelson-Rigg 900 luggage that mounts on the sissy bar and like it alot.

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a Nelson-Rigg 900 luggage that mounts on the sissy bar and like it alot.
That was one of the bags I was looking at also.

Your bike is BEAUTIFUL! WOW. It's like the bigger, way hotter sister of my 800.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I have kuryakyn full dresser bag, just bought it off ebay 151.00 I will get to use it in 2 weeks

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
That was one of the bags I was looking at also.

Your bike is BEAUTIFUL! WOW. It's like the bigger, way hotter sister of my 800.
:mrgreen:
Thank you!

LOL... :) Hotter sister....I'd say your 800 is an awesome bike as well. I've ridden with members who had 800's and they hold their own very well. ;)

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!

LOL... :) Hotter sister....I'd say your 800 is an awesome bike as well. I've ridden with members who had 800's and they hold their own very well. ;)
Off topic but does your v2k leave ANYTHING to be desired or is it all the bike a person could ever want?

Every time I see a picture of one I'm impressed, the colors on yours is what I like most though.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I use the Route 66 T-Bag with top roll on my bike.

How do you like it? Do you use the roll-top bag alot also?
That is what we used on the cruisers. The T-Bags are top notch items, always worked like a charm. The top roll can also be used by itself if you are going out on a day trip.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Off topic but does your v2k leave ANYTHING to be desired or is it all the bike a person could ever want?

Every time I see a picture of one I'm impressed, the colors on yours is what I like most though.
Maybe a little history might help here.

I use to ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic before I got the V2K. I really loved that bike..."ALOT". I didn't think I'd ever get rid of it as it met my needs and was a great bike overall. It looked good...rode good...and felt good. It was a bike I traveled over 600 miles to buy once I found it.

Then...one year while at a Beartooth Kawasaki Rally in Red Lodge Montana I was offered the chance to test ride a V2K. It was massive in size as compared to my 1500 and the power difference was like day and night. When I took it for a ride it handled like it was on rails and was solid as a rock. It felt like a motorcycle you'd see Arnold Schwarzenegger on as it just had "Big & Bad" written all over it.

I'm 6'4" tall and once I rode the V2K it stuck in my mind how much more comfortable I was on that bike as compared to my 1500. From that day forward I knew I would one day buy a V2K. That day came in Febuary of 2007 when my wife and I headed to Red Lodge to pick up the V2K from Beartooth Kawasaki. When we first laid eyes on it we were speechless. It was sitting in a garage at the dealers home (Jim & Laurie) waiting to go home with us. It was massive and beautiful!!! Sitting on it made my heart pound and a smile that continues to return every time I ride it. It is today the bike I fell in love with on that very first time I laid eyes on it.

As for any bike I've owned...I've alway's had to configure things to make them fit me...for my comfort level and needs. The V2K was no different. I have added a few things to it to make it as comfortable as possible while going on long distance rides and now it is "THE BIKE" that I absolutley love while doing that and am grateful every day I am able to enjoy it.

I recently added a car tire on the rear of the bike as with the heavy torque to the rear tire it literally eats the rubber off faster than you can write a check for a new one. Since adding the Goodyear Tripletread Assurance tire on the rear it has made long distance riding a pleasure and there's rubber left over after the trip! ;)

Yes...it continues to please in a large way...and...it is a very large bike...all 800 pounds of it! It's not for everyone...but I'm certainly gald it's for me! :)

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that's a great story. :)

It's a good thing you and your wife can both enjoy it otherwise she might be jealous of how passionate you are for it.

So you suggest the 1500 also, I'll keep that in mind.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Just got the Universal Expandable T-Bag with Roll top bag and built in rain cover for $206 from Phat Performance. Hav'nt had a chance to use it yet, but I did strap it on and stuff it full of rags to check it out. Gonna be great. Very much the same as the Route 66

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Wow that's a great story. :)

It's a good thing you and your wife can both enjoy it otherwise she might be jealous of how passionate you are for it.

So you suggest the 1500 also, I'll keep that in mind.
My wife use to ride until her motorcycle accident. She broke her leg and gashed her knee badly enough she gave it up. She won't even ride with me now. She knows and understands the love of riding I have so no problems from her that I continue to ride. Maybe I should check the insurance policy again? :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Just got the Universal Expandable T-Bag with Roll top bag and built in rain cover for $206 from Phat Performance. Hav'nt had a chance to use it yet, but I did strap it on and stuff it full of rags to check it out. Gonna be great. Very much the same as the Route 66
You'll love having the luggage especially when you're traveling. Funny thing happens though each summer you head out for a vacation on the bike with luggage. You figure out you don't need as much stuff each year that passes. :)

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
How do you like it? Do you use the roll-top bag alot also?
I mostly use the T-Bag for extended weekend trips. It's great for stays at motels as the bag has rollers on the bottom and a slide out handle. I just pull it off the sissy bar and roll it to the room.

I actually get more use out of the top roll bag. When the wife and I go on day rides I use it to store both of our leather chaps.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
but I'd like something I could put a top roll on (or that comes with one).
This is what I have.

Nelson Rigg

I got it locally for $156.00 out the door. The CTB950 is the same exact size but it has a mounting system that accomidates the large back rests found on harleys like the Road King.

This is enough for me and the wife to pack a weekend worth of stuff into.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Ebay. About $50:

Is this the same bag/seller?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WATERPROOF-MOTORCYCLE-SISSY-BAR-LUGGAGE-TRAVEL-BAG_W0QQitemZ400045116277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item400045116277&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

1 - 20 of 49 Posts