Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to believe, but I did 11.898 with my Ninja 500 R today. The bike has 15T sprocket, closed mirrors (for this run), clip-ons, I was running without mufflers with just a little bit choke, 140lb of me, I didn't eat last month :) Start was perfect, shifting without clutch just before REV limiter (11200rpm). A Honda Civic was running beside me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
****, a 17 was that a stock honda that felt like looking like an ass? :) J/K good job, get that reaction time down though

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't busy, so I was running against a car. This guy anyway cannot beat anybody :) Reaction time is importrant only at competition. They mesure your running time, but at competition who first pass the finish line is a winner, not who has better time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This may be a dumb question so bare with me....I see a lot of 1/4 mile times for the 500R at high 12's usually over 100mph. ex)12.81 @ 101.2

So does this mean that in reaching high 12's at over 100mph, that bike would have better high end accel where yours has better accel at lower speeds since you got a faster time at a lower speed? (You got to a higher speed faster, hence the faster time? The other bike took a while to get moving (reason for slower time) but once it was moving along it started to accelerate faster, that being the reason for exceeding 100mph)? And if that made any sense to anyone, would this mean that if you tweak your high end acceleration, you could cut your time down even more?

Sorry if I confused anyone with that one. :oops:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The best time and speed I was running before was [email protected] I had standard sprockets. This time 15T front sprocket. It means I was realy catapulted at start and flying 1/8 mile. I don't know what is 600R bikes time at 1/8, I was 7.017. Obviously that was a key. This is the lowest speed I have ever seen for 11s. Some 4 wheelers was running just 1/8 cause they have very low top speed, mostly running close to my 1/8 time, slower or faster.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cale said:
The best time and speed I was running before was [email protected] I had standard sprockets. This time 15T front sprocket. It means I was realy catapulted at start and flying 1/8 mile. I don't know what is 600R bikes time at 1/8, I was 7.017. Obviously that was a key. This is the lowest speed I have ever seen for 11s. Some 4 wheelers was running just 1/8 cause they have very low top speed, mostly running close to my 1/8 time, slower or faster.
I understand now....sproket explains a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts