Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want anyone in the area to start thinking about routes and destinations for next year.
We won't be doing any serious planning until after the new year starts.
We invite any and all members in the NE area to join us for our rides.

I know we have a few members who moved to the area or are new to the forum - I hope to see you join us.

Hope to see lots of ideas this winter. :smile:

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Cool Beans Chris. Time to start exploring other parts of New England more on bike.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I just had an idea - remember that Weird Massachusetts book I showed a picture of on here?
Maybe we could do a few theme rides - weird places ride, beach & seafood ride, covered bridges ride, etc.?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am up for almost anything after that 397 miler I did a few weeks back. I know once it is warm again and the days are longer, meeting and riding anywhere in New England should be fine.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW Chris.. What was the story with your bike?
The engine beat itself to death about a month ago. I had to have the top-end rebuilt. I just got it back yesterday(Friday) $5400 in repairs and labor. All covered under warranty. Still a few teething problems - have to bring it back on Tuesday to adjust the idle, but works good. I have to break it in all over again which will be annoying. lol

I hope we get to ride together again. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
The engine beat itself to death about a month ago. I had to have the top-end rebuilt. I just got it back yesterday(Friday) $5400 in repairs and labor. All covered under warranty. Still a few teething problems - have to bring it back on Tuesday to adjust the idle, but works good. I have to break it in all over again which will be annoying. lol

I hope we get to ride together again. :)
Oh definitely.. I am sure sometime in 2010 we will get the opportunity.

·
Line rider
326 Posts
There seems to be a great group to ride with here in NE. I can't wait for next year.

Chris- I have that weird Mass book and a weird NE book too. There are some interesting things we could go see.

Just a shot from the ride Warren and I took yesterday.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Can't wait to join you next year!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...Chris- I have that weird Mass book and a weird NE book too. There are some interesting things we could go see...
I've been to the Skull Cave rock in Lynn many years ago on a hike.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
we could do the same run we did last year, chris... You guys missed out on Bay Haven Seafood... or we can do the kangamagus/crawford notch run again... or a midcoast maine run, or a northwestern maine/nh run...

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Think I'm going to do a Portsmouth, York, Perkins Cove, Kennybunkport Photo run along the seaboard. Maybe Gooserocks beach area too.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
Think I'm going to do a Portsmouth, York, Perkins Cove, Kennybunkport Photo run along the seaboard. Maybe Gooserocks beach area too.

that's a "I want to shoot myself" kind of run in the summer... portsmouth traffic sucks, york traffic sucks, ogunquit traffic really sucks, kennebunkport traffic isn't that bad if you know how to get around it (I do.... hehe)

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
but if you really want to do that.... I'd hook up with rt 1, then 1a to 1b and head out to rye and Ft. constitution... then head back to rt 1, take the rt 1 bridge to kittery, then take 103 to york, bang a left in york center, ride out through york harbor, past long sands, swing out to nubble, then short sands beach to shore rd... take shore rd to ogunquit, back on to rt 1 until moody, then right on bourne ave to atlantic... ride along the water's edge until wells beach, then back out to rt 1... take rt1 north until rt 9 and take that into kennebunkport... then follow 9 until the clock farm, then take a right to goose rocks....

do i know the area or what?

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
that's a "I want to shoot myself" kind of run in the summer... portsmouth traffic sucks, york traffic sucks, ogunquit traffic really sucks, kennebunkport traffic isn't that bad if you know how to get around it (I do.... hehe)
Well hehe I know how to get around too. LOL I have been vacationing that area for soooooo many years. Umm I'm 63 just to give ya an idea. Don't forget also that my job is driving truck and I do go up in your area at times and have been doing that for years also. If ya remember I delivered up in Sanford at that furniture dealer I mentioned once. Soooo what's good is I'm not a noob as far as Maine goes. Wife was born in Island Falls though left there as a youngster. Also hunted Maine years back.
When we vacation there we don't stick to the normal tourist routes either. Still will do a photo ride up there this summer. I think Jassen (.22) might join me also. would be a nice day trip.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
but if you really want to do that.... I'd hook up with rt 1, then 1a to 1b and head out to rye and Ft. constitution... then head back to rt 1, take the rt 1 bridge to kittery, then take 103 to york, bang a left in york center, ride out through york harbor, past long sands, swing out to nubble, then short sands beach to shore rd... take shore rd to ogunquit, back on to rt 1 until moody, then right on bourne ave to atlantic... ride along the water's edge until wells beach, then back out to rt 1... take rt1 north until rt 9 and take that into kennebunkport... then follow 9 until the clock farm, then take a right to goose rocks....

do i know the area or what?
Out of Wells I like to take Sea Ave. off of Rt.9 just before Kennybunkport and run down Beach ave then into Kennybunkport center. Then down Ocean Ave. to the Breakwater to the entrance to the harbor. Can get some good shots of boats coming and going. Then I follow that out to Cape Porpoise/GooseRocks. From there I usually follow the back roads up to Portland Head Lighthouse. We alternate staying at the Ogunquit River Plantation or the Sparhawk on the Marginal Way. Might try the Colony Hotel in Kennybunkport next year. Wouldn't be any travel time difference to speak of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd like to try to join you this year - on my little 500 I don't know about hundreds of miles at a pop, though........... We have some really pretty beaches in southern NE also, and possibly combine the ride with some events going on? Newport Jazz Festival, Bluegrass Festivals, etc. Do you do overnights, or just day trips? My older son moved to Auburn, ME, so I plan to visit him this summer, then do day rides from his house.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts