Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just sitting listening to the Guardian Tech podcast, they did an interview with Kia. They are about to bring out a new integrated dvd, sat nav, and user interface for cars. One of the things it will do is bring up face book, twiter and other social networks sites on its screen. The Kia rep got very excited when he went on to talk about out you could use your social network sites whilst driving and that you could ask the sat nav to take you to the source of the message. Complete madness, just when we thought cagers texting was bad enough. The rep went on to say it was to be released in the US first, lets hope your legislators stamp on it. Can you imagine all those 18 year old new drivers using their face book accounts whilst driving. Take care out there.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Absolutely bonkers! We can only cling to the hope that driving a Kia remains about as cool as wearing your father's old shoes.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
i'm sure if this happens then it will have restrictions just like the dvd players

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure how it could take you to the source of a tweet to facebook account. It's not like it's going to take you to the persons house of whoever typed it.

Sounds similar to Ford's new Sync too.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Crazy story!
Alot of people put in-car computers into their dashboards though.

i'm sure if this happens then it will have restrictions just like the dvd players
:lol:

my friend had an in-car DVD/touchscreen head unit put into his car stereo.
when the installer was going through it's features, he told him that it could only watch DVDs when the car was parked so that it wouldn't distract the driver.

my friend asked why, so the guy said that it's linked to the emergency/parking break, so it only turns on when the car is parked.

And he then went on to say "i can just not connect that wire for you if you like though...."

:shock:

haha. so my mate got him to wire it up so it could play DVDs on the move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts