Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose any one know how to hot wire the MAGNETIC SWITCH that comes of the battiey then goes to the start motor the three wire going to it what do i need to do with them i am take the start button off the bars and want to hint a buttom some where under my seat pan

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
There are a few ways you could do this. I'd probably just install a fused hot wire from the battery to one side of my new switch. Then run a wire from the other side of the switch to the solenoid. You should be able to trace the wire from the current start button to the solenoid and remove that one then install the other end of the wire from the new switch. Don't forget to cap the wire you remove from the solenoid or you could end up blowing some fuses if later on you hit the start button on the bars by accident. If you do it like that, you can reverse the change in the future to put it back like it was without much trouble.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
No not really. In order to eliminate it you would have to have one super heavy duty start switch. There would be so much load on the start switch that it would burn up most anything you could find and install. If yours is broken there are other alternatives to buying one from kawasaki though. You can go to a lawn and garden center and buy one for a riding mower/lawn tractor that will do the same thing for much less money. It won't look or mount quite the same but you can make it work.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
You should have 2 large cables connected to it. One from the battery to the solenoid the other from the solenoid to the starter motor. Then 2 small wires. One ground and one hot from the start button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.