Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is really necessary to to all that stuff listed at 3000 miles, 6, 10 etc, the 500 mile adjust was like 295.00, I change the oil myself every 3000 miles, only had the bike 4 months, at this rate, I'll have to bring the bike in three more times in the next 12 months. ( I currently have 3500 miles on the bike bought brand new ).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

if you never check your bike it is :wink:

but if you keep a eye on things and keep things tight you can service it yourself
in most cases but at 10k and be prepared to do swingarm lube and maybe
steering head lube sometime after that,other than that most service is just
a oil change and once over which you can do yourself :wink:

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Bike is right...If you keep an eye on things it will be OK. If you have the factory service manual for your bike, the majority of the periodic checks came be done at home. Most don't require special tools.

The more you know about your bike the better/

Heather

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
as I've stated before, I ain't no joe wrench mechanic but I can do basic stuff, if I applieed myself I could do more. I constantly go into the garage tho, to check out things on my bike because this time of year its all I can really do while waiting for one of those gift from god days...

anyway, cable checks, bolt checks & stuff like that is making me a better bike owner but there will still be times when I put it in the shop for them to service, hopefully those times will be less often as time goes by.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'm worried about getting screwed, if some warranty issue comes up, like some auto dealers do say you're screwed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Worst comes to worst, you could always go out and do some hole-shots with the cobra. That`s a good way to blow off some steam
:)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ROFL, thanks, Doc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts