Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my exhaust gaskets yesterday on the way to work for my V2K. I jumped from my bed this morning like a kid at Christmas to install my new Kard-Krome 2 into 1 sideburners. After removing the factory exhaust and preparing to install the new front headpipe, I discovered the header flange is bent close to a 45 degree angle:shock: ,....but no damage to the pipe itself. Long story short, I've already made arrangements to send them back and now its hurry up and wait. I guess I'll reinstall the factory exhaust for this weekend. If it doesnt rain we will be attending the Toys for Tots run in Greenville, SC. Hope everyone has a good week.....Ride On.....STEVE

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
Sorry about the bent header - damaged in shipping? But good job, riding for Toys for Tots!! Hope that it goes well! ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
When you're downtown G'ville please have a Guiness for me at Addy's bar on Coffee St - if he's still in business.
I used to live in the Davenport Bldg on E Washington St - I'm in Florida now but I still love G'ville

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can't believe you had them in the box the whole time when I get parts I just have to open them up and fondle them. Sometimes they don't get installed for weeks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Can't believe you had them in the box the whole time when I get parts I just have to open them up and fondle them. Sometimes they don't get installed for weeks.
I sleep with my stuff.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
sorry to hear that...its so infuriating to find out something new is screwed up...i ALWAYS inspect before disassembly now

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no.....the box was opened upon arrival and inspected but I just missed the bent flange....you know they are there from all the clanking going on from moving them around and drooling on them but you just dont expect one to be bent. As a matter of fact, we're talking about a 1/4" thick flange bent with no damage to the pipe....how could that be? I'm thinking it may have been installed that way.....who knows.......STEVE

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you're downtown G'ville please have a Guiness for me at Addy's bar on Coffee St - if he's still in business.
I used to live in the Davenport Bldg on E Washington St - I'm in Florida now but I still love G'ville
I'll toast to you while having a Bud light at Sticky Fingers on Main St.!!!! I'm fond of G'ville myself....Downtown can be fun...I live in Spartanburg county but I worked for an engineering company in G'ville for about 8 years....STEVE

·
Registered
552 Posts
I fiddled with my Cobra HP Pro for two years before I got it right, including sending it back. Make sure the studds are tight and if not, remove them and replace with high temp Loctite applied, because the vibration from the V2K will vibrate those puppies right out. You'll think it's loose bolts.

Then Loctite the bolts, too, with a milder Loctite.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
i got lucky i guess, my muzzy drag pipes went on smooth as silk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts