Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread earlier about problems I am having with my mule 1000. I talked to a couple of shops and they said that the oil level could be to high causing it to mix with gas and making it runs like crap. So I changed the oil like they said and when I fired it up it ran better than it ever has. After letting it warm up for about 5 min I tried to drive it and it started to smoke really bad and it wouldnt even move on its own. So I have ran out of ideas so if anyone can help me that would be greatly apperciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Check your engine oil level again. If it is high, you have one or both carburetors flooding and dumping fuel into the oil. That is the usual cause of what you describe.

The fix is to disassemble the carburetors, clean them, verify the floats themselves still do float and have not become fuel logged, inspect the seats under the float needle valve, and if the seat is good then replace the valves and use the carburtor float adjustment tool that comes with the kit to reset the float level.

I would suspect this will solve the problem you describe.

It is also a good idea to set your valves and adjust the timing chain to be sure everything is in spec.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts