Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mounting a small tach on my bars. The mounting kit is plasti-rubber
and it's for a 1-1/4" bar. I need to add some spacer to make it fit. I
was thinking a material, just a strip of cloth to extend it out? Other options?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
May sound like a ******* remedy, but I used electrical tape one and it worked fine. It was narrow enough to almost be hidden under the clamp and not be noticed at all.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Shade-tree mechanic - ******* - cheap guy fix: beer/coke can cut in strips the width of the bracket.

·
Elmer
281 Posts
My first thought was rubber innertube or conveyor belt. The PVC that rfb92345 mentioned was interesting. How about just a couple inches of plastic tubing from the hardware store or a short piece of heater hose from the auto parts store ... clean, cheap, quick, non slip, and waterproof.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm mounting a small tach on my bars. The mounting kit is plasti-rubber
and it's for a 1-1/4" bar. I need to add some spacer to make it fit. I
was thinking a material, just a strip of cloth to extend it out? Other options?
How about you tell me how wide you want it and i will make you a stainless steel split bushing for it. You pay postage and it is yours..

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
Stainless is pretty and won't ever rust but, it can and will cause the chrome it is sitting on to rust.

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about you tell me how wide you want it and i will make you a stainless steel split bushing for it. You pay postage and it is yours..
I found some rubbery coated fabric from a hold down and that spaced it out enough to make it attach solidly.

Thanks for the tips, all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts