Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,077 Posts
Welcome to BTKF! Where in Malaysia do you live? I spent many enjoyable hours tooling around the roads of Malaysia on my motorcycle when I was stationed in Singapore 2000-2002. The road from Kohta Bahru to Mersing is my favorite, closely followed by the road up to Cameron Highlands.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah, that guy has a bumper sticker that looks rather suspicious. Spells AMERIKA and ISRAEL with something else below "haram" which is "forbidden" in arabic...Abusayef has roots in Malasia, (Filipino version of AlQuaida) I hear. What say to that, Prof?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thks

Welcome to BTKF! Where in Malaysia do you live? I spent many enjoyable hours tooling around the roads of Malaysia on my motorcycle when I was stationed in Singapore 2000-2002. The road from Kohta Bahru to Mersing is my favorite, closely followed by the road up to Cameron Highlands.
i live in northern area..penang / kedah / perlis.
yup..normally, singaporean like to use that road Kota Bharu - Mersing. if u come here again, ill show u the most beautiful and amazing road Cameron Highland - Banding - hadyai (thailand)...we can massage overthere after riding...heheheh...

im also have Harley Softail Custom and KTM Adventure 990...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ABusayef?

Yeah, that guy has a bumper sticker that looks rather suspicious. Spells AMERIKA and ISRAEL with something else below "haram" which is "forbidden" in arabic...Abusayef has roots in Malasia, (Filipino version of AlQuaida) I hear. What say to that, Prof?
Actually,..u got wrong view of people in Malaysia or my country. Maybe u never come here yet. u can ask W-P BILL because he had been singapore and malaysia before. No war here, we live in peacefull...and of coz we love peace.

About Abusayaf...they never live in Malaysia...only past 3 years they kidnapped the Malaysian people and brought them to Philiphines island called Mindanao (part of filipino). But the Malaysian COmmando save all the hostages...

but if u go to PHiliphines (filipino) or INdonesia....u r not safe. but not the whole area..only a few area...like Acheh (indonesia), Mindanao (filipino) and southern of thailand...the rest, no war.

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,077 Posts
OOPS!

Did I say KOHTA Bahru? I meant JOHOR Bahru. Sorry, its been seven years...:rolleyes:

Anyway, while I didn't witness the exchange in question on this thread, I can tell you this about Malaysia. I've roamed all over the southern half of Peninsular Malaysia (Ipoh and points south), from the glittering metropolis that is Kuala Lumpur to small dusty hamlets in the middle of the jungle, while both in uniform and in civilian clothes. I've never felt anything but welcomed wherever I went. Very friendly and tolerant people.

I've also worked closely with the Malaysian Army, Royal Malaysian Navy, Royal Malaysian Air Force, and Marine Police. All highly professional forces. They don't put up with any truck from extremists. It is a sad fact some of the leadership in JI and other terrorist groups originally hailed from Malaysia, but all those folks have to live in other countries. Gee, I wonder why...NOT

I have zero experience in East Malaysia (Borneo) but if its anything like Brunei the folks are great there as well.

Someday I hope to live/work in KL. Wonderful city.

Speaking of Ipoh, feast your eyes on Ipoh's most popular contribution to our world:

And, representing the ethnic Malay side of the house, feast your eyes and ears on Siti Nurhaliza (I have no clue what part of Malaysia she's from, I just know I want to go there...)

YouTube - Siti Nurhaliza - Bukan Cinta Biasa

And since you probaly couldn't understand what she was telling you (not that it matters)...

YouTube - SITI NURHALIZA - TITANIC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow...

OOPS!

Did I say KOHTA Bahru? I meant JOHOR Bahru. Sorry, its been seven years...:rolleyes:

Anyway, while I didn't witness the exchange in question on this thread, I can tell you this about Malaysia. I've roamed all over the southern half of Peninsular Malaysia (Ipoh and points south), from the glittering metropolis that is Kuala Lumpur to small dusty hamlets in the middle of the jungle, while both in uniform and in civilian clothes. I've never felt anything but welcomed wherever I went. Very friendly and tolerant people.

I've also worked closely with the Malaysian Army, Royal Malaysian Navy, Royal Malaysian Air Force, and Marine Police. All highly professional forces. They don't put up with any truck from extremists. It is a sad fact some of the leadership in JI and other terrorist groups originally hailed from Malaysia, but all those folks have to live in other countries. Gee, I wonder why...NOT

I have zero experience in East Malaysia (Borneo) but if its anything like Brunei the folks are great there as well.

Someday I hope to live/work in KL. Wonderful city.

Speaking of Ipoh, feast your eyes on Ipoh's most popular contribution to our world:

And, representing the ethnic Malay side of the house, feast your eyes and ears on Siti Nurhaliza (I have no clue what part of Malaysia she's from, I just know I want to go there...)

YouTube - Siti Nurhaliza - Bukan Cinta Biasa

And since you probaly couldn't understand what she was telling you (not that it matters)...

YouTube - SITI NURHALIZA - TITANIC
yeah....she is michelle yeoh...born in Ipoh, Perak...great actress...shes from malaysia..

and siti nurhaliza is from Pahang...Kuala Lipis Pahang...great voice huh?

thks dude...u make all supporters clear about my country with ur post..

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,077 Posts
yeah....she is michelle yeoh...born in Ipoh, Perak...great actress...shes from malaysia..

and siti nurhaliza is from Pahang...Kuala Lipis Pahang...great voice huh?

thks dude...u make all supporters clear about my country with ur post..
Yes, she does have a great voice, amongst other things. She hails from Temerloh according to some websites. Shoot, I've been through that area many times going from KL to Kuantan. Those were the days before the expressway was available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.