Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of reactions do you get when a guy realizes that its a "GIRL" on a motorcycle?

If I'm at the gas station it's usually them oohing and ahhing over my bike. If I buzz another guy and beat him, it's a not so very nice reaction. (I pull my hair back into a low ponytail with a big red bow, so everyone know it's a girl on this bike). So it just depends on the circumstances.

Miki

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey mikimoto, nobody else has replied to this, so I'm gonna.. When I see a girl on a bike, usually, I am like, wow, that was a girl. I think it is awesome that women ride. You come buzz by me (I won't make it easy on ya, you'll have to work for it :D) and I'll give ya a thumbs up!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01ZX7r -

I want you to know, that I've been buzzed plenty, and lost countless times. I feel like tucking my tail between my legs and riding off - vowing to ride better next time. I think it depends on the age of the guy though, the real young guys, do NOT like it, the older guys seem to think it's kinda cool.

Miki
:)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
If I ever find anybody around here that can go buzz past me in the twisties I will more than likely try to find them and shake their hand. If a woman did it I'd probably propose to her. :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You guys are funny! :lol: --and enlightened. Glad to see a new wind is blowing through the motorcycling community these days.

My experience is about the same as Mikimoto's. I've had a few stony stares from older male riders. The young ones kind of do a double take, but usually smile politely and give a thumbs up.

The Harley riders won't even look at me. Especially the guy with the ape hangers that I ran away from recently on my--gasp--Yamaha R-6. (Hollow victory, there, for sure. :oops: ) Hey, I used to have a Ninja--I love all models of motorcycle, including Harleys. I had a wonderful Sportster way back when (and I didn't act like I was a baaaaddddd woman with attitude toward everyone when I rode it, either.) It was just another wonderfully fun motorcycle.

Charlie

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Freakinout said:
If a woman did it I'd probably propose to her. :wink:
Hmmmm - you ought'a move to Vancouver B.C. Canada - the baddest women sportbike riders are there, and from what I've heard this one club has over 100 women - when they take to the streets it's like a swarm of hornets. Wheelies, stoppies, and various high speed antics - oh, and let's not forget - lots of traffic tickets.

Miki

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I see a LOT of women riding where I live (Fort Collins, CO), and I know a lot of women riders. At my MSF class a couple of months ago, half the students were women. When I was riding daily 20 years ago, I hardly ever saw another woman on a bike. Things have certainly changed.

My friend and her husband are long-time Harley riders. But when they had a child four years ago, her husband (who at 52 is 15 years older than she is) decided he didn't want to take any chances now that he has a son. So he sold his bike. So she rides with a big group of men and has a blast.

Our next-door neighbors both ride. Getting back into riding has made us strike up a great friendship, and we're going to start riding with them. It's nice to have neighbors who share your interests. And because they both have loud Harleys, they won't complain about the custom pipes on my Vulcan. 8)

Julie

·
Registered
605 Posts
jetgal said:
Especially the guy with the ape hangers that I ran away from recently on my--gasp--Yamaha R-6. Charlie
Charlie, there is a girl at my college who rides an R-6...so i'm wondering where in wester colo. you live? If it's too far west then it's definitely not you.

Stew

·
Registered
99 Posts
mikimoto said:
01ZX7r -

I think it depends on the age of the guy though, the real young guys, do NOT like it, the older guys seem to think it's kinda cool.

Miki
:)
Geez, as if I'm not having a hard enough time with turning 31 this year, now you gotta call me an older guy??? :cry: :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was stopped by a DPS officer at 2 in the morning going down the Superstition Freeway, doing well over 100 on my EX500. When the officer walked up, I took my helmet off. He looked at me, shook his head, and chuckled. I surprised him. I get lots of compliments about being a "chick on a bike". I kinda like the attention. :)

Pinky

P.s. For those wondering, I didn't get out of the ticket, but due to a clerical error on the part of the officer, the judge dismissed the ticket.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can't help but respond to this. I agree with the guys. . . it's great to see women on bikes. I always look for them and to see what they are riding.

I'd be soooo happy to have a female partner that would go riding. And if they can work on their bike too . . . I got carried away.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
When I was riding my BMW full dresser I got all kinds of looks because the bike is so much bigger than I am!!!!! (118lbs soaking wet) Guys wonder how I can stay upright :lol:

Heather

·
Registered
82 Posts
My GF absolutely loves to ride and trust me it is a blast!
As far as working on her own bike we are in the learning stages but she picks up really really quick! She is awesome.
On another note we sit and watch the Cowboys together and are both huge fans.
I am sooooooooooo lucky to have found her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Alright now I have to admit I ck. on you girls once in a while. Although the missus doesn't ride I have to tell you that 2 of my favorite people to cruise with are wife's sister & her girlfriend. They are both good riders,keep a sharp eye out & best of all fun to be with.
We do get some strange looks sometimes I must admit, I don't know if it's because of the two girl riders or people think that wife & I are girls riding 2 up. :lol:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
reynard92 said:
Alright now I have to admit I ck. on you girls once in a while. Although the missus doesn't ride I have to tell you that 2 of my favorite people to cruise with are wife's sister & her girlfriend. They are both good riders,keep a sharp eye out & best of all fun to be with.
We do get some strange looks sometimes I must admit, I don't know if it's because of the two girl riders or people think that wife & I are girls riding 2 up. :lol:
Thats cool!!! Thanks for sharing. :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
3/4 of the people in my motorcycle class were women, including my fiance.
I think it is great when I see women riders. My fiance likes to ride with me but she will love driving her own. She wants a Vulcan 500 and I am going to surprise her with one in the spring.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
It doesn't matter what sex you are.....it's what you do with your sex. :oops:

OK....Got your attention? :)

I LOVE to see women riders....and would welcome the experience of riding with women....however....here in my small part of the world I don't see to many women riders. I'm sure there are some around here but not like guys I see riding all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have not been out on my bike much but in my mustang guys stare and me and it gets really annoying, on the bike atleast you can hide yourself some and your reactions.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Its a guy thing...a Mustang and a good lookin' girl together :wink:

Heather

·
Registered
1 Posts
mikimoto said:
Hmmmm - you ought'a move to Vancouver B.C. Canada - the baddest women sportbike riders are there, and from what I've heard this one club has over 100 women - when they take to the streets it's like a swarm of hornets. Wheelies, stoppies, and various high speed antics - oh, and let's not forget - lots of traffic tickets.

Miki
Hello,

I live in Vancouver and I haven't seen this crazy group of 100 women ripping around ;-)

We do have 100 plus civilized street riders on sportbikes and cruisers riding all over BC meeting up at the Flying Swan Coffeehouse We don't often have all 100 on a ride at the same time though, not yet anyway.

Some of us race with the Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club , check out a few local racers :grin:

Kimberley St. Pierre
Misti Hurst
Suzanne Fetting

Take very good care.

Kimberley St. Pierre

1 - 20 of 26 Posts