Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought a bike on friday, and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go ride! I've been out everyday since, but it hasn't been very nice. 36-44 degrees, lol. But man was it worth it.

About myself: I'm 21, from the Milwaukee area in WI. I'm currently a CCNA student with less than a year left. I'm an Eagle Scout, and I try to remain active with my troop as an Assistant Scoutmaster. Camping rules, I can't get enough of it.

The bike: Found it on Ebay, 20 miles from my house. I checked it out in person, and bought it. It's a 2001 ZX6-R, Yellow. Perfect shape. No complaints here :) I'll have to get some pics up as soon as we get a nice day here.

What I'm here for: Advice from people who have riding experience. Some tips on maintainence/cleaning/etc. And any other questions I come up with...

Kevin

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Take it easy , that's a lot of bike for a beginner.

You don't mention training or experience could you tell us more about that.

BTW welcome to the site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on the lucky find Kevin. Please do take the MSF course if you are not a very experienced rider yet. Those bikes are crazy fast and it is sooooooooooooooooooooo easy to miscalculate how fast you actually just launched yourself into traffic until you get a butt-load of experience with it.

Very very nice bike man :) Keep it safe and have fun!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I agree with Uncle Bob....take the MSF course!! :wink:
Bike sounds awesome...just remember your the one in control...not the bike!! :D
You want warmer weather.....come to AZ....its 89 today.... 8)
Welcome to the forum......search around to find your answers about maintence/riding skills etc......
Have fun!! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about the MSF course, I just forgot to mention it ;) It starts may 1st and only costs $60 through my tech school. I expect to learn a lot from it. Although I consider myself a good driver, I feel confident riding, but I know there are a lot of things I don't know yet, or things I don't do correctly. Besides learning a lot, it'll be nice to get my liscence through completing the course, since our local DMV's are backed up till late summer already with cycle road tests! :shock:

I'm not venturing out very far yet. I've been staying rather close to home (within 3 miles). I'm allowing for a "break-in period" of my own riding experience.

I've had more than one person say that it's a lot of bike for a beginner, but it is the rider that is in control. Not the bike. I have good self control and have been keeping it cool.

It was about 47 today! Warm enough for me. Although it was 30 when I rode to work this morning :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts