Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put aftermarket pipes on their marauder? According to V&H, and BUB, None of their pipes currently fit a Marauder, but on the Mean Streak 1500 and 1600 along with the Marauder 1600 the Model Specific # stamped on the factory pipe is the same, What gives??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

that's a good question :wink: i've looked at the suki several times
at how its configured and it looks real close but i can't get a meanie next to it :lol:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have you talked directly to BUB and V&H? My guess is if you are just depending on the web sites, you don't have the latest info.

I have a 1600 Marauder and some of the web sites are WAAAAY behind. Some don't even have it listed at all. I can't fathom what takes so long, since it has been out for many months.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most 02 pipes for the meanie 1500 are strait bolt on for the 1600. Just a different part # in most case, (I have 02 pipes on my 04) They shipped me the wrong ones and after checking DIRECTLY with the manufacturer(rather than shipping them back), they told me to bolt them on, no worries. Forget the dealer call the folks who make the pipes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked with Vance & Hines (2 different techs, called 2 different times and asked the same question) and they both said their pipes will not fit, also a tech from BUB said the same thing. V&H said the Big Shot for the Marauder would be out in November some time. The model specific part # on my Marauder pipes are kaw4291500 and kaw4291600, which I would think would mean the same pipe for the mean streak 1500 or 1600 and yes that is the # stamped directly on the pipe. I was at a Kaw dealer and looked at a 1600 mean streak and the same model specific part #'s were on those pipes as well.......kaw4291500 and kaw4291600.. looks to me that any pipe that fits one should fit the other, but I don't want to order them and the seller not take them back if they don't fit. SO this being said has anyone actually put aftermarket pipes on ther Marauder, if so, which ones did you use, and how did they fit. I would love to see pictures if you could post them.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Your Suzuki is further down the aftermarket part foodchain. Not too many of them on the road. Smaller market = longer wait. :cry:

I've seen Marauders the following web page with 'DG Hard Krome 2 into 1 Sideburners' and 'Cobra Slashcut Classic Exhaust' installed so there are some Marauders with pipes out there. Help that hopes with your search. Go to
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/, regardless if you want to buy from them, just to read the reviews of other Suzuki owners. Only a couple pics there so far of the Suzkuki 1600 =(

Phatboy

what is short for Marauder?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts