Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen on this fourm a word marbling. What is marbling? Is it something to do with your mufflers? Thanks

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
^^^ +1 ^^^

Most VN900 owners here have done it including myself. Pretty much the only purpose is to minimize the backfiring after adding aftermarket pipes.

·
Vulcan Regional Manager
480 Posts
Pretty much the only purpose is to minimize the backfiring after adding aftermarket pipes.
Minimize?? :shock:
Backfiring's the reason I want to live... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Tried it didn't make a bit of difference!

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Tried it didn't make a bit of difference!
it minimized mine but die not go away. sometimes on decl i still get backfiring.
not too long ago i added a bak and took the marble off and the bike sounded so bad that i put it back on. the sound was horrible like very untunred

·
Registered
185 Posts
I kinda wonder why people put loud pipes on the bike and then don't like the deceleration noise. I have V&H pipes and the deceleration grumbling sounds ok to me. Actually, I'd just as soon the acceleration noise was a little less.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
i like the declertion noise but hate the very loud backfiring every now and then

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
The only real reason to marble is on some bikes the AIS draws in cold air and can damage valves...hyosung/suzuki SV's are prone

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
The only real reason to marble is on some bikes the AIS draws in cold air and can damage valves...hyosung/suzuki SV's are prone
I will have to disagree with that. If cold air would damage then they would marble from factory.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I only debaffled mine, not new pipes, but I only get backfiring on deceleration when the bike is cold. I like it and I like the growl on deceleration. To heck with marbles. 8)

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
I will have to disagree with that. If cold air would damage then they would marble from factory.
wouldnt be the first time a design had a flaw that passes thru QA unbenownst....ask the big three or toyota lately

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
wouldnt be the first time a design had a flaw that passes thru QA unbenownst....ask the big three or toyota lately
I wouldn't even try to aks the big three or toyota because to begain with they don't make motorcycles so they'll won't have any idea of what the heck I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a question do you think that the popping could be part /cold nature /part the problem with emmissions or is it usually one or the other

1 - 16 of 16 Posts