Registered
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 2009 Beartooth Kawasaki Member of the Month

jeffs99vulcan
"Jeff"

Interests: Riding, talking about riding, donkeys
Bike: 99 800 Vulcan Classic

Jeff is a great asset to these forums, always quick to lend a hand and who's humor keeps us all smiling, not to mention confused with his confounded "tick." Congratulations Jeff!

TICK

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh.....they couldn't have made a better choice!! Anyone who takes such good care of Donkey deserves it!!:biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS JEFF!!!!!

(and tell Donkey not to get upset that you're getting all the glory, he's still #1 in my book! :tongue: )

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
But seriously, if I may...

There are a BUNCH of Members of the Month here that I'm just in awe of... People that organize rides, offer true mechanical advice, attend the gatherings... and I respect and appreciate that more than you could imagine. It's hard for me to do that... I have a young family and it can be hard to get too far away...

What I do is I just try to bring what I can. I have a bike, haven't had it forever, just a couple years now, but I love it, and by association with the gang here have learned more about it (and riding) than you could in a month of Sundays on the street...

And I try to give all that back. I do that because everyone else does... The people and the nature of them has made me what I try to be. If I try something or make something or change something, I realize that a lot of others might find that helpful, and I like helping! I'll keep doing that.

Donkey? Well, he just came along one day in an email and made me laugh... I chose him as an avatar, hoping he'd make others laugh like he did me. I don't think it's any secret what happened from there! Mind you he'd be less than what he is without the infinite help of "others"! (You know who you are Bill and co.!)

Thanks again... I'll work on keeping my Canadian humour up to standard!

·
AZs #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION
15,308 Posts
ALL HAIL THE MARCH MOM !!!!!

Congrats!! Jeff, I think it was a good choice, you have been a contributor to these forums in many ways, the humor, the helping hand, the list goes on. I can always find a post in which the Donkey av has made an appearance, and most of the time it is helping someone with an issue or advice.
Embrace the day!! you deserve it!! Proud to call you FRIEND and MOM:shock: !!

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
Y'know, and here I was thinking I'd gotten away with it all this time... Bill not haveing a picture of me to work with.... CRAP!!!

Uh... "thanks" Bill! I guess.. :|

(Seriously, THANKS! :biggrin:)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very well deserving, yet another layer of the onion is peeled back

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Which one is Jeff? :)

Kidding aside...congrats on your being the new MOM. I've certainly wiped alot of "tears of laughter" away from my eyes after reading many of your posts and seeing many versions of your new found friend...Donkey. :)

·
Keeper of Donkey
13,882 Posts
very well deserving, yet another layer of the onion is peeled back
Ya... you don't want to get to the centre... TRUST ME!!!

Props to the Donkey.............and Jeff as well. You both bring something very "special" to this forum. :D
Congratulations.
"Special"... You can say that again! I've always been a little "special!"

Way to go Jeff !!!!! You finally got your 15 minutes of fame LOL :newyear1:
So does this mean I get my prizes in the Spring?! Or are you still holding those ransom?!

Which one is Jeff? :)

Kidding aside...congrats on your being the new MOM. I've certainly wiped alot of "tears of laughter" away from my eyes after reading many of your posts and seeing many versions of your new found friend...Donkey. :)
THE GOOD LOOKING ONE OF COURSE!!! (What do you mean, that doesn't help?)

I'm scrolling through all this a little while ago, wife's looking over my shoulder asking who all these people are... (I won't tell you how I answer that for the most part)...

She asks me why some guys have the BOLD GREEN user names, and I tell her those are forum admin...

Without skipping a beat, she says "are those the ones that are going to send you the gift certificate for the Olive Garden for being member of the month?!"

SEE, it RUNS IN THE FAMILY! Or it's a Canadian thing, one or the other! :biggrin:

THANKS GUYS! There are days when I can't quite figure out why ANYONE laughs at ANY of it, but thanks anyway!

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Jeff, you really add a lot to this forum. I love your great sense of humor and your positive attitude. Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 146 Posts