Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders,
currently building an 82 750 LTD along the "bobber" style. After fitting drag bars to the bike I came to realize the front brake master cylinder is just too long horizontally. It actually makes contact with the triple tree forcing the brake lever to stick upward. Does anyone know of an entire assembly that has a taller vertical reservoir so as to prevent the contact?
Thanks.

Tex

·
retro rider
291 Posts
I ran into the same issue going to shorter bars on a 1980 750 twin LTD. I used a master off a 70s KZ. This one was used on many bikes from the Z1 900 to the KZ750 and KZ650. I think it looks better than the 80s model with the 3 screws on the lid.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I also prefer the screw on lid instead of the square one with the bolts. I had a Honda CB 750 with MC similar to the pictured above and it was pretty nice. Maybe I am just stupid, but for some reason I end up stripping the **** heads on the screws alot...I also bought a cheap one on ebay, thinking I was pretty sly and getting a deal. I definitely got what I paid for....

·
KLR`s and BBQ`s
353 Posts
I had the same problem about a month ago with my kz1000...there is no room on drag bars. I wanted some good braking, so I got a m/c from a late model zx10 with the external fluid cup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts