Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going up Friday to look at/sit a 14 yr old 750 for my wife that looks very good (Black/Emerald). It is reported that it runs excellent, starts great in the cold, etc.
I would appreciate it if all of you who have experience with or have owned 750's (particuilarly any ladies who have been down this road) could chime-in with your rants, raves, maintenance/typical repair info, etc.
My wife is 5'3", strong, I am thinking she should have no problems handling the bike, it all depends on "the sit" at this point.
Thanks in advance for all your opinions, "look-out-fors", and advice!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Great bike. Pretty bulletproof. Light and easy to whip around. I'd say go here:

VN750 Com

and ask the same question. It's a awesome group just for the 750 and it's got a wealth of knowledge stored-up there!!! Good Luck!! :-D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rode my '01 VN 750 for a couple of years before trading for my current 900 Custom. The Custom is a more sophisticated bike to ride but I do miss my 750 at times. I would recommend the 750 in a heartbeat if it is in good condition.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It's a nice bike, very nimble and light, handles nice, plenty of power. The down side is it's not comfortable for any rides more than an hour or 2. We just traded ours in on a VN1500 because my wife would get sore after about an hour. We tried seat mods, gel pads, but the seat is just too narrow to be comfortable.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on....thanks to all for your reviews. Feels good to get what I feel are actual experienced and unbiased opinions. Tomorrow will tell the rest of the story.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Bang for the buck it's a great little bike. Center stand, liquid cooling, shaft drive, no valve adjustments, dual disks on the front. A lot of good features and it's a proven platform. Little has changed on them since they 1st came out.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The 750 was nice because it was a Japanese V-Twin along the lines of the SV650, not a single crankpin harley clone. Lots of power. Probably more than some of the 1100/1300s.

It's too bad they were so friggin ugly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2004 VN750. I replaced stock seat with a Mustang seat. Corbin seat also available. Great bike! Very reliable, easy to maneuver, excellent power-to-weight, awesome acceleration and it will do 70 mph at 4500 rpm all day long. Only reason Kawasaki stopped making it is because their tooling wore out after 20 years of manufacture.
1) dual disc brakes
2) liquid cooled
3) shaft drive
4) center kick stand
5) tachometer & fuel gauge
6) forged wheels instead of spokes
7) overhead cam shaft, 4 valves
8) Pull back bars "very cool"
9) classic looks

for owner reviews go to:
Vehicle Reviews for 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan™ 750

·
Registered
543 Posts
The VN750 is probably one of the best beginner bikes out there that you could pick. It's got plenty of power but not so much power that it isn't controlable by a novice. It's super easy to ride, especially with the riding position on that peticular bike, like sitting in an office chair. Easy to care for. Shaft drive makes tire changes a breeze. Oil changes are a breeze.

The only reason I didn't keep mine is that the bike was a bit too small for me physically. The 900 fit me much better. That and aftermarket stuff wasn't too great for the VN750. Not that it's much better for the 900 right now. But, at times I wish I still had my 750, it was a blast to ride.

·
Rider
561 Posts
I'm not crazy about the tank or the seat. Before I buy one, I want to see a Vulcan 750 in person. I like the look of the Vulcan 800s, 900s and 1600s. (I might just save up for an 800).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts