Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off as a 2004 Green Mean Streak.
Resprayed black with a very slight gold fleck.
Slashcut Jardine exhaust
VN2000 Chrome Horn (As loud as the exhaust!)
Chromed radiator
Replaced seat with alternate seat supplied by Kawasaki Australia
Stainless steel braided brake and clutch lines
Kuryakin grips
Jardine back rest and rack
A hand made custom windshield
Mini Bullet indicators
Gold Dragons on tank covered with many layers of clear
Nickel Plated wheels
To Go:
Mirrors, thunder aircleaner and different pegs

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Very Nice!!! I like it! :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Really nice job, and I really like that windsheild, hand made by you? Even better.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Great looking bike. And I am in no way biased at all.
How long have you had the wheels nick. plated? Are they holding up well?
Love the paint.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
very nice, any pics of that paint with the gold flecks in the sun? bet that looks good too

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks great!!! I am curious about the wheels also. How are they holding up and how expensive is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flysouth:
The windscreen looks a bit like the GIVI screens that are available in the US. A workshop specializing in making replacement screens for sports bikes made it for me. He started of with a tinted blank and sat me on the bike. He then roughly shaped it around the headlight and made it to suit my height. I am 6ft, and wear glasses, so I have to wear a full face helmet. I wanted a screen that followed the lines on the front of the Mean Streak, took the air off my chest on long rides but also low enough so I did not have to look through it. They even added a tuck at the top of the screen to finish it off. It is without doubt the best screen I have ever had fitted to a bike. We used a black universal GIVI mount that required a bit of work to get it to fit the Mean Streak. The screen cost about A$150 plus the mount. The dealer here in Melbourne where I had most of the work done, had a few extra screens made up for his showroom.
I have attached another close up photo of the screen. The tuck at the top is clearly visible.
trikebubble:
I have only just taken delivery of the bike and only have a few miles on the clock so I cannot comment on how well the nickel plating will stand up to road use. The plating itself looks great as it has a slight gold sheen and breaks up the all chrome effect. It was relatively expensive but beautifully done (A$1000 for the two wheels). The dealer where I had the bike customized, has nickel plated wheels on many bikes and tells me it is far better and much easier to look after than chrome. Soapy water only, required for cleaning.
spok:
My digital camera is playing up so I cannot get the subtle gold fleck, in sunlight to show up. The paint used is actually a standard Kawasaki colour available on some models here in Oz. It should be available in the US as well.

Re the gold dragons. Initially I thought of having them airsprayed on the tank but it was a relatively expensive exercise. We bought a pair of back dragon decals 5 inches long. We had them scanned and enlarged to 21 inches and printed on paper, to make sure they looked right on the tank. The scanned data was then sent to a print shop specializing in outdoor advertising. The dragons were then printed on special thin, UV plastic, in gold. The gold dragons were then stuck on the tank and many layers of clear lacquer applied to get a smooth finish.
You could follow the same procedure and put anything you like on your tank. I actually applied a dragon claw to the front guard but it does not show up in the photo.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yup, that is without a doubt the best looking shield I've ever seen on a meanie. How much is he going to sell the extra shields he made up for? Proably not worth it to ship but those tucks fit the bike perfect, nice job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flynsouth:
I will ask the dealer and or the man who made the screen, if they will ship to the USA.
The GIVI black universal mount should be available in the US. The mount does require some care and fiddling to fit the Mean Streak but looks great.
It may even be possible to get the forum sponsor to import the screens if there is sufficient demand

·
Registered
524 Posts
That is one sharpe looking bike great job on all the work.Hopefully someday soon we could see some more pic's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts