Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hypercharger on my Meanie.
It's driving me nuts as I don't like how far it sticks out but it is a cool looking unit I must say.
Can anyone recommend a replacement that sits closer to the engine.
I've seen the Thunder and Barron BAK's on Cruiser customising site but not sure which one is best for my purposes.
I'd prefer a unit that sits vertical plus one where you can't see the element although that's not a must if it looks OK.
I await your advice
Cheers

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

thunder has the best flow imo :wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here's an aftermarket round one that woodchucks recommends. Pictured here on the 800 but I suspect Sherms has a kit for the MS. Also, comes with a mesh outer screen which covers the exposed filter (not shown in picture).

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
intake

that sherms one looks pretty nice but as bike mentioned the thunder is the best performing one that i know of. i have a kuryakyn on my nomad, but luckily it doesn't interfere with my leg enough to change it. if i had done more homework before purchasing, i probably would have bought the thunder just for the extra power, oh well. good luck.

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
Thunder Tornado

I've got the www.thundermfg.com Tornado. I like the looks, really lets the air in and it dosent get in the way like the Hypercharger does. They also have several "less extreme" looking models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts