Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be the biggest rear tire for my mean streak that will fit without making any rim and swing arm modification? thank you for your help!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BIGGER

Not bigger....Better! Get a serious tire that is best suited to your style of riding! You cruise and stay mostly upright get a great touring tire that offers better grip...grip not slip...If you are into leaning and some high speed riding then you don't need a bigger tire you still need a better tire one that grips and is sticky enough. I'd much rather wear a tire out and replace it twice a year as dropping it just one time because it wasn't sticky enough. Cruiser tires are usually a longer lasting compound than a sport bike compound...give it some thought...tires are cheaper than body parts on your bike and visits to the ER beause you dropped it...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

a 180 will fit - you can to 200 on a 5" wheel but you can't inflate it till its on the bike
and it just gets taller and looks like a 180 anyway :wink:

still don't think any performance is gained - just looks :wink:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I don't think a 200 will clear the shaft housing.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The fact ZX-2R posted was enough to tell me that. Haha didn't know him but he seemed like quite the fellow judging from his post history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts