Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new '02 Mean Streak and have put 400 miles on it. In the last few miles it has developed a squeek in the front end that starts abruptly at about 30MPH. It stops just as quickly when I drop below 30MPH. At first I thought it was a dragging brake pad, but I have eliminated that. I have gone over the whole front end looking for things that have rattled loose, but can't find anything. Has anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I also have a meanie but I have never heard the squeek that you are talking about. good luck on finding it and post your results I'm interested to know what it is.

also welcome to the site

·
Registered
2 Posts
squeaky frontend

IL_Meanie
i had a sound in the front of my 2002 meanstreak that would start at around 30 mph and it sounded like a unlubed speedo cable. i finally discovered that the front axle wasn't tightened snug against the wheel spacers. I could actually spin them with my fingers. tightened frontwheel axle and no more irritating noise. hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip! The bike is going in tomrrow for it's first oil change/instpection. They are going to go over the front end to figure out what the heck it is.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2002 Drifter, the headlight rattles the housing looks chrome but is really plastic. The headlamp rattles in the plastic piece I tighten the screws and that seemed to take of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the bike in for my 600 mile inspection and oil change. They discovered that the front axle was not tight against the spacers....Thanks Meanrider!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts