Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks!
How do you think mean streak handle bars would look and feel on a 1600 classic. Any opinions would great. Thanks!

·
enjoying the ride
448 Posts
I think that would be a huge improvement. The factory bars on most metric cruisers are the reason owners think they need a new seat. They force you to sit upright with all your weight on your butt and tailbone. The meanie bars lean you forward a bit(sportourer style) and your weight is absorbed by more area of your bottom and arms, much more comfortable, as well as giving more control of your bike. Changing the bars was one of the best improvements I made to my 1500 classic. welcome aboard!...mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep southern ohio. A few miles from Ash Cave & Old Mans Cave. I'll probably go ahead and try those handle bars. I've always liked the way the mean streak sat. Thanks for the reply.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I'd like to see a photo of that when you get it all done!
I was thinking about putting drag bars on my Nad.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Sorry but i disagree.....I think a set of risers that raise the bars and at the same time bring them back to you is a better choice...I have rode a meanie and I'll take the bars on my 1600 classic with risers. meanie bars are also a little to straight across for my taste but to each their own...

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have risers on my 900, and its not nearly enough. my back still kills me and i have to slouch to be comfy on it.

any pics of these bars?

·
Barrett Motorcycle Repair
202 Posts
Howdy Folks!
How do you think mean streak handle bars would look and feel on a 1600 classic. Any opinions would great. Thanks!

one thing that needs to be heard is how tall are you ,whats your inseam length ,and whats your reach .With out knowing any of those variables and with out seeing you on your bike proper fitment is going to be like Stevie Wonder clay shooting , meaning it doesn't really matter how the bike looks with the bars ,but how will it feel to you and you alone.

take a broomstick a friend a 6 pack a tape measure the specs of the bars and a heated garage find the vacinity of where the bars would be mounted set a blanket on the tank stack up some small boxes to height get on your bike and see how they feel when sitting on the bike.

I made a jig with a moveable vise that bolts where the risers go and other jigs that get locked into the vise to find exactly where the customer wants their bars at. rise , height , pullback then an hour or two at the bender 15 min with the welder install bars verify fitment to customer , bunch of finish welding and grinding off to the chromer or powder coater , viola the exact exact handlebars the customer wanted.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
one thing that needs to be heard is how tall are you ,whats your inseam length ,and whats your reach .With out knowing any of those variables and with out seeing you on your bike proper fitment is going to be like Stevie Wonder clay shooting.
:lol: *Spits coffee on keyboard* :lol:

Dammit, Don't do that! My I.T. guy is gonna be pi$$ed that I ruined another keyboard.....

·
Registered
552 Posts
just my 2 cents.
I have thought about this myself. but looking at the bike as a whole and not just the bars, you will have to do other things to get seated right and looking right. my first thought was the driver floorboard. as you start to lean forward your knees go up into your chest, so your looking at forward controls more then likely and I haven't found anyone making them for the 1600 classic. maybe theres some that will cross fit off another model??
cable and wires coming off the classic bars will end up being to long and looking wierd I think, maybe not??
overall I would like to see this as I still think about it from time to time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts