Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo Everyone,

Was wondering what others were doing to there left side if they have removed the stock air device. I now have two holes showing. Its not all that bad just looking for ideas.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought two stainless steel allen head bolt's at Ace Hardware, and screwed them in. It now looks like they are there for a reason.............

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I been looking around here for sometime and this is my first post. I have a 1600 Mean Streak and have modified my bike with Sherm's Forcewinder, Muzzy 2-1 Exhaust and TFI. Although many people indicated that the ISCs are not needed and have removed them as part of their intake modification, I decided to keep them by relocating the ISCs to the left side. I used the rightside backing plate to mount the ISCs and use the leftside cover to cover up the ISCs.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Ahh- good idea! Kuryakin also makes a horn relocation kit to mount there as another option.

Phatboy

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
ISC (or is it ICS?) looks like the third picture from top from this link: http://www.gadgetjq.com/caddmankit.htm
I tried to remove the mounting brackets (on the right plastic backing) but had a hard time. So, I just cut the plastic backing around the brackets and bolted to the left plastic backing (you need to ground away some plastic to provide a smooth surface). The Solenoids’ hoses and wires are just long enough to reach the solenoids on the left side.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
The solenoids are supposed to increase the idle speed in colder conditions. I removed mine so I need to use my 'choke' (fast idle knob) when I start my bike on colder evenings.

Phatboy

·
Registered
219 Posts
Excellent article at http://www.gadgetjq.com/caddmankit.htm , thx ppark.

This actually makes me think. If you combine the crankcase breather, with the Cold start solenoids and the temp. sensor all in one housing (small box, you can hide this any where), you should be able to retain the original concepts around the cold start idea.

Lov it, let's run it!!

Bye-Wait

·
R.I.P. Deron Harden
2,698 Posts
I mounted a chrome "H-word" horn and covered the wire in $5.00 worth of stainless braid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts