Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me a while to figure out that the Suzuki was just a rebadge of the meanstreak with minor (and few) cosmetic changes. Actually, I think I like the Suzuki version better. The rear fender is sportier, and the headlight is an improvement. I think the ONLY other difference is the air filter cover, one or two miniscule differences, and the stock color choices. The new '05 suzuki looks good in the silver too (though the meanie is smokin' in green... not sure if that's '04 or '05 running colors for Kaw.)

Anyway, there seems to be very little hoopla on the Suzuki side, yet lots of folks lovin' the Kawasaki version. Has anyone found any other benefits to going one way or the other? I'm assuming I could always bring the Suzuki into any Kaw dealership for service, since it IS the same bike. Is there any other difference I'm missing?

Is it possible that Suzuki dealerships are willing to bend further on price, terms, etc? Any insights? (I'd definitely take the Suzuki badges off personally... I'm assuming that's possible without screwing up the paint... it IS possible on Kaw, right?)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I agree the suzuki rear fender an head light look better . A few of the meanie owners on another forum are ordering the suzuki head light to swap out with the meanie head light. They say it's taking awhile to get one (a couple of months). As far as the badges are concerned they all come off pretty easy with heat an/or fishing line,or dental floss.On my 800 I just heated them up a little an pull them off , very little glue stayed on the tank an it rubbed off pretty easy,but the paint didn't matter to much since I was repainting anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ITT4, I've got the Suzuki version (black Marauder 1600), and I can confirm that the 'Suzuki' logos on the side covers come off very easily. They're just puffy stick-ons, and can be peeled right off with your fingers . . . no heat required. A very small amount of adhesive might be left behind, but that is easily removed with bug remover or some such similar product. No damage to the paint results.

I haven't removed the tank badges, but I know someone who has . . . you may need heat for that, as well as fishing line or floss, but again no damage to the paint. I haven't tried removing the Suzuki sticker from the rear fender, so I can't comment on that. But I CAN tell you that removing the safety stickers from the tank is a pain. I used heat and fingernails and it took over an hour. Someone suggested WD-40, but it didn't seem to help.

Anyway, good luck with your decision. The differences between the Kawi and the Suzuki are strictly cosmetic, so go with what you like, or go with the best dealership. Personally, I think the silver M95 looks like the best choice for 2005!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a choice over the two. I prefer the MS. The look of tail and light seem to fit the original bike design more. When I see a custom tail like that one, it traditionally seems to go on a softtail, with a stretched fork. The meanstreak doesn't have that. However, I do prefer the colors and non-streaked tanks of the Maurauder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts