Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Mean Streak and have been having problems. When I get stuck in traffic (Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach) and it gets hot the bike starts sputtering and chugging. Even later when I get back out on the open road the problem continues. It's the second time it's done this.
Also is there a recall for radiator problems on this bike?
Thanks for any help.......
Yes the fan was coming on, but I'm wondering if it was coming on too late (ie bad heat sensor) It only has around 7,000 miles on it. I had added a Power Commander to it and wonder if that's a factor.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Don't have a meanie ,but my question is does the fan come on ,an can you here it run?

·
Registered
487 Posts
there was a recall on the fuse for the radiator. they switched it from a 10 amp to a 15amp. is your fan running at all? if not check the fuse and replace it with a 15amp.
did you buy the bike new?
how many miles you got on it?
have you checked the level of the coolant or checked for leaks?

give us more info and keep us posted, someone here sure will help you out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
RECALL ON O2 MEANSTREAK

A good way to check on any recall or warranty info is to go to the main Kawasaki website and by entering your bikes vin # it will give you the remaining amount of warranty/or extended warranty as well as any recalls for YOUR specific bike. I found out that I had 2 more years of full coverage warranty by doing this!(bought my bike used) My bike is an 02 1500 Classic FI- same engine as your meanie and although my fan runs more than I would like, I've never had ant problems with the bikes preformance. Hope this helps!
Lonestar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts