Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Streak owners!

I have a question for all of ya. Does the speedo and tachometer work mechanically with a pair of cables or just, as I suppose, electrically? Is the tachometer connected straight to a coil negative side or somewhere else?

Thanks a bunch!

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
I'ts not a mechanical piece. If it was, there would be a cable running from the front hub to the speedo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The tacho is definitely electrical. The speedo could be mechanical but I very much doubt it, if it is mechanical, there would be a cable going from the speedo to the front wheel hub or the trans.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Desoto said:
I'ts not a mechanical piece. If it was, there would be a cable running from the front hub to the speedo.
I know, but the thing is I don't own a Mean Streak so how would I know? Just curious where the meters go, so I could think of possibilities to connect those into a 1600. Thanks anyway...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Strictly VN 1600 said:
Desoto said:
I know, but the thing is I don't own a Mean Streak so how would I know? Just curious where the meters go, so I could think of possibilities to connect those into a 1600. Thanks anyway...
I would take it, that it will be exactly the same as the 1500 Meanstreak. Both electronical and going to your display via the ECU. The rev. counter I am not sure on how it is picked up and where, but the speed comes from a sensor located on the gear between the Shaft drive and Gearbox. If you remove the left engine chrome cover you will see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts